Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: All-Time Worst Poker Bad Beats on TV?

harman vs. harrington on the PPT (that show has the worst announcing)

preflop- harman raises with king 10 of diamonds, harrington reraises with poket 8's (not the 8 of diamonds), harman calls

flop comes out king with 2 rag diamonds, harringon pushes, harman calls

harrington hits his non diamond 8 on the turn and avoids a diamond on the river...i didn't read this in his books
Old 04-05-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

preflop- harman raises with king 10 of diamonds, harrington reraises with poket 8's (not the 8 of diamonds), harman calls

harrington hits his non diamond 8 on the turn and avoids a diamond on the river...i didn't read this in his books

[/ QUOTE ]

stop and go
Old 04-05-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stop and go

[/ QUOTE ]

i read about the stop and go... i want to learn how to draw out like that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 03:09 AM

A stop n go does not involve re-raising, hence the "stop".
Old 04-10-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
John D'Agostino v Hoyt Corkins in the USPC a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYNDXgVPUp4

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you! I was halfway through the thread hopeful that everyone had overlooked this gem.

[/ QUOTE ]

That one was just sick. At tha point in the tourney. The way Hoyt keep raising allin, like he does when he gets to those points in those tourney's. Dags, good read, but the poker gods just [censored] on him there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing! I just finished watching this one and it was hard to stomach. Did anyone think JDAGS was out of lline there when he shoved that mountain of chips in anger to Hoyt?

I know he was young back then, so it's understandable and also the beat he took. But it was a bit unprofessional.

-TheMan
Old 04-10-2007, 06:59 PM

I think you need two categories -- one for cash games and one for tournaments. For tournaments there have been a few times where guys would have won the WSOP ME if it wasn't for a bad beat. I'm pretty sure that Jesus did that twice when he won his ME. As for cash games, the worst I saw was the Farhad/Greenstein AA/KK hand on the first season of HSP. Not only was it a 4-1 bad beat for about $400k, but it was the last hand of the day and the action was very dramatic.

- S
Old 04-10-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you! I was halfway through the thread hopeful that everyone had overlooked this gem.

[/ QUOTE ]

That one was just sick. At tha point in the tourney. The way Hoyt keep raising allin, like he does when he gets to those points in those tourney's. Dags, good read, but the poker gods just [censored] on him there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing! I just finished watching this one and it was hard to stomach. Did anyone think JDAGS was out of lline there when he shoved that mountain of chips in anger to Hoyt?

I know he was young back then, so it's understandable and also the beat he took. But it was a bit unprofessional.

-TheMan

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard an interview with J Dags about the angry stack push. He said that obviously he was upset about losing the pot, but it was the tournament director that sent him over the edge. You don't see it in the telecast, but apparently the TD had him count his stack down more than twice. Each time Dags counted he knew he had something like one chip left, but the TD kept making him count the stack then counted it himself. This just pissed him off. Then apparently the TD told him something to the effect of "ok now give him the chips".
Old 04-11-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-TheMan

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't look at this hand as a bad beat. They were even in chips at the late stages of a tourney (final table) and Corkins made a move with 87o. Dags called with TT and Corkins hit 77 on the flop and then a 7 on the turn. It's not like TT vs 87o was such a superior hand that this would qualify as the all time bad beat.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't look at this hand as a bad beat. They were even in chips at the late stages of a tourney (final table) and Corkins made a move with 87o. Dags called with TT and Corkins hit 77 on the flop and then a 7 on the turn. It's not like TT vs 87o was such a superior hand that this would qualify as the all time bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're leveling.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're leveling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only you and only because that's so easy to do.