Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: UB Releases Confiscated Funds. Finally Some Good News. What now?

I got the same e-mail but they responded the same day I replied. My nephew got the same email after waiting over a week.

I still like the site but this whole episode shook my confidence in them. One more foul-up and I'm gone.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM

I am very glad to hear this. UB has owned up and done the right thing. I know people here will still knock UB, but I think they are taking a step in the right direction. Good job UB.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:26 AM

They said that only a "dozen or so" players had this security check/funds seized. I count about 4-5 players from 2+2. I find it odd that a very few number of players were subject to this "random security test", but most of them are from 2+2.

Maybe everybody can share how many tables/hours they play. If you guys are clearing a bonus, and how much you average during the pts for cash promo. You guys got my screenshot and the tables I play.

I think it's the whole idea of multitabling that gets you "flagged".
Old 04-05-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's multitabling + very small stakes + many hours. That really does look like botting or at the very minimum, bonus abuse. I mean in one of these cases, some guy pulled at least a grand playing .05/.10. I know some guys are really conservative with their bankrolls, but what human would willingly put dozens of hours a week into massively multitabling a limit where their recent earnings alone give them over 10,000BB - when they could potentially be earning just as much in a tiny fraction of the time if they moved up to a limit that fit their roll?

UB really messed up here, but it's not hard to see where they're coming from.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did you by any chance link UB to the various 2p2 threads? if so, maybe that had something to do with their decision.,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking _someone_ did, and that yes, it has something to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent them about half a dozen links while I was raising ruckus.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They said that only a "dozen or so" players had this security check/funds seized. I count about 4-5 players from 2+2. I find it odd that a very few number of players were subject to this "random security test", but most of them are from 2+2.

Maybe everybody can share how many tables/hours they play. If you guys are clearing a bonus, and how much you average during the pts for cash promo. You guys got my screenshot and the tables I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

about the most tables I ever play is 5 (usually exactly 4)... and i'm playing 6-Max 50NL Hold'em or sometimes 6-Max 100NL. And sometimes PLO. 10-20 hrs/week

I have no idea how I pissed them off, never playing more than 5 tables.

I have a pending withdrawal again, we'll see how this one turns out.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

about the most tables I ever play is 5 (usually exactly 4)... and i'm playing 6-Max 50NL Hold'em or sometimes 6-Max 100NL. And sometimes PLO. 10-20 hrs/week

I have no idea how I pissed them off, never playing more than 5 tables.

I have a pending withdrawal again, we'll see how this one turns out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make a great trip report. Please let us know when you requested it and when it arrived to epassporte. I, on the other hand, did not initiate a cashout just yet. I have been trained to "give cover play" before cashing out any amount on UB. And even though the funds sent back was originally my money, I am going to treat it like a "deposit" just to be on the safe side. Look how shook UB has made me. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 09:17 AM

we who multi at micro limits actually suck at the game...lol.

i believe it when they say 95% of players lose. playing fewer tables at higher limits would wipe us out.

to answer why people do it. assuming 2000 points a week. thats 200$ bonus cleared, 175$ in ul points, and about 75$ in rakeback. thats $450 if you play break even poker. $450 may not sound like a lot to those who live in usa but believe me if you lived in thailand you could live the good life . 30 hours a week 6 tabling shoul d get you to the 2k point level, not that hard to do. hard part is not losing what you clear.

any of you who was accused of bonus abuse going to go after their new reload offer...............lol

since they cleared me ive taken about 20% of my bankroll off. any accused taken all off without being subjected to random search again.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

any of you who was accused of bonus abuse going to go after their new reload offer...............lol

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very interesting question. I too could use some bonus $, but first, I want to see easy access and transactions when withdrawing from UB.

I initiated my first cashout since my funds were returned and it is now in "authorized" status. How long does it take to get to epassporte from authorized status?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:13 PM

I like them erring on the side of caution.

I'd suspect released for play is equivalent to released for w/d, as you could just chip-dump if you really wanted.