Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Pokerstars rules support is soooo bad for poker rules stuff

Hi,

I've wanted to post this, cause PokerStars support staff seems to be very well trained for players that use a language different than english or players that insult, but they don't seem to have a single clue about their other own rules.

Players violated rules number 1, 6, 7 and 8 (the rules are here).

The rules are also at the end, but rule 1 is "english only", rule 6 is "do not tell cards when you folded and the hand is still in play", rule 7 is "players not involved should not suggest what to do while the hand is being played", and rule 8 is "players may not chat anything that might reasonably be interpreted as affecting the play of the hand".

While the hand was being played, the player that had the beating lead and lead the flop, and then folded to my all in push said "I folded KK". Then while the hand was still played, he said to the other player (who said he had a draw) "then call" and 4 not involved players were discussing the hand while still in play.

It took me only one message to get the players warned for speaking non-english, six messages to get them to recognize that saying "I folded KK" while the hand was still played was not ok, and after 7 messages I still didn't got them to acknowledge that is not ok for a player that folded to say to a player still in the hand "then call". I neither got him to recognize that saying "lot of outs" and saying "exactly" after they said "lot of outs" and hence acknowleding that he has lot of outs might reasonably be interpreted as affecting the play of the hand.

OK, now the answers to my complain, the hand history is at the end.

Juan, reply 1 (only detects non english spoken)
I have reviewed the chat logs and see that a language other than English was being spoken. I have sent this player an email advising them of this rule and asked that they only speak English at our tables in the future.

Juan reply 2: (sumbits to a Dutch speaking)
I will submit your report to a Dutch-speaking representative in order to verify if the rules were violated.

Owen Reply 3 (replies, but with not content)
As for your claims of collusion, again, thank you for bringing this to our attention as we regard such claims very highly.

SimonD, reply 4 (says there was no violation of the rules 6-8)
I have reviewed what was said by the two players at the table in question, and have not found anything that was said to be a violation of our table rules. These players were never discussing hands that they had while they were playing, rather they were talking about hands that they had played a few hands earlier.

Owen, Reply 5 (for him problem is non english only, and request for supervisor is disregarded)
However, my supervisor would give you the same response. The players were only talking in their native tongue, and this is one of the milder chat offenses and only warrants a warning. They were not using profanities, or racial slurs (offenses that are likely to resolve in the revocation of their chat ability).

Narinder, Reply 6 (after advice that I was going to post to 2+2, I get them to reconize that to say "I folded KK" is a breach of the rules, but he still says that "then call" is acceptable)
Regarding bolm's comment of "then call", this comment is acceptable. The player is simply saying if you do have a great draw to call. Comments such as "He's bluffing, call" are not permitted.
bolm will receive a rule 16 warning for his comment "i had KK". This comment is completely inappropriate.
265cage's comment of "lots of outs" is not suggesting how to play the hand and the comment is permitted. He hasnt said "You have lots of outs, you have to call", which is not permitted.

Narinder, reply 7, nothing new
I will forward your email to our collusion and intergrity team who are the best position to respond to you.

------------------------------------------------------------
BEGIN HAND

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Sillious101 ($25.05)
265cage ($19.60)
phrogman123 ($15.15)
Mr. Rushing ($2)
Hero ($28.15)
KiD[ReD] ($36)
seadogsam ($28.50)
bolm ($36.40)
Gorby1984 ($28.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">bolm raises to $1.25</font>, Gorby1984 calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.

PRE FLOP TALK (DURING THE SAME HAND)
*Gorby1984 said, "de hele dag door"
265cage said, "kan er over meepraten..."*
*Gorby1984 said, "dit"*
*265cage said, "sta vandaag ook op - 95"*
265cage said, ""
Adrian20XX said, "ENGLISH ONLY"
*265cage said, "alles zit tegen, dit is mijn eerste meevaller"*
Gorby1984 said, "about 80"

Flop: ($3.85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">bolm bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Gorby1984 raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $26.9</font>, bolm folds
Gorby1984 said, "noooooooooo way"
Gorby1984 said, "Ak with K of Spadeds"
KiD[ReD] said, "whyd u bet then"
Gorby1984 said, "why not"
bolm said, "i had KK"
Gorby1984 said, "have a great draw"
[KiD[ReD] said, "exactly"
bolm said, "then call"
265cage said, "lots of outs"*
Gorby1984 said, "i dont know if he has it"

Gorby1984 calls $24.90.

BEGIN RULES

RULES

1. With the exception of specially designated "national" tournaments, all chat must be in English. Trivial exceptions (e.g. "Salut!", "gracias") are acceptable.

6. In both cash games and tournaments, players who have folded during a hand may not discuss the cards that they folded. This provides unfair information to players still in the hand.

7. In cash games only, players still in a hand may chat about what cards they claim to hold. This is "coffee-housing," which is common in poker. However, players (in the hand or not) may not coach or otherwise suggest how another player should play his hand. For example, it is okay to say "You should call; I'm bluffing." It is not okay to say, "You should call; he's bluffing."

In both cash games and tournaments, if there are more than two players left in a pot, players (in the hand or not) may not chat anything that might reasonably be interpreted as affecting the play of the hand. For instance, suppose players A, B, and C are in a hand. A bets, and B is next to act. C may not chat, "I'm going to fold" (whether he intends to fold or not).
Old 04-04-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars rules support is soooo bad for poker rules stuff

Yeah, damnit, why doesn't everyone in the world speak Amercun?