Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: This is a lot of action considering I have a boat

Check > bet on river.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check > bet on river.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont think it matters here. if u cr its usually just the two bets but if u bet u can get 3 most of the time. in general cring is much better than betting in these spots tho holla
Old 04-04-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check > bet on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a check-raise?

Honestly I can't believe you all think I'm ahead.

Guy.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was ahead by the way. But I didn't think I was.

Guy.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:49 PM

I'd bet/call because I can easily see us winning if he raises but if I check I will be furious if he checks behind and want to slit my wrists if he 3bets our c/r.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check > bet on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a check-raise?

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
hes capping any T on the turn. ur hand is waaay ahead after he caps turn and the river blanks
Old 04-04-2007, 06:38 PM

1) looks good to me.

2) After he caps, I call and will check/call the river unless a T comes on the river. Then I would bet/3-bet.

I guess I just side with the people who read that the turn cap indicates a lot of strength and I think he will bet the river when checked to. The river action really depends on what you come up with for a hand range for the unknown.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet/call because I can easily see us winning if he raises but if I check I will be furious if he checks behind and want to slit my wrists if he 3bets our c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

i kinda disagree with the first part of the statement (not that we never win but i think that 2nd bet gives us much less equity than others seem to, villain dependent of course tho Im giving villains in general some credit), and dont see anyone checking behind whatever T he limped with and capped the turn, but i hate the 3rd part of ur arguement for bet calling (and thats independent of the fact i disagree with ur overall statement about bet calling) and i hear it a ton.

it doesnt matter if we always lose when he 3bets our check-raise if that is still the river line that nets us the most EV vs his range (avoiding situations becuz they are uncomfortable such as bet calling becuz we dont like it when he 3bets our river cr with our boat is pretty silly, poker decisions should only be made based on math and for money not based on how u feel or react when certain things happen). Whether thats true or not (cr calling netting us the most money) depends on how much of his range we are ahead after he caps, how often he checks behind a worse hand, and how often he raises our lead with a worse hand. No matter what though itd be a pretty odd combination of those things (hard to imagine if u plug in the hypothetical numbers) where bet call will be the most EV line here going into the river. If we re way ahead (the appropriate amount) of his range (based on rough estimates of how often he checks behind a worse hand he capped the turn with (<5%) or raises a worse hand on the river when we still lead (<50% probably 30-40 would be generous)) we should cr call if not we should ck call

I cant see wanting to bet 3bet the river here unless the guy was really spewey and would often raise all or most trip Ts after we lead his cap and limp in with tons of junk T2s T6s type hands as well as T8o+. I do think we are in fine shape after he caps tho hes either got AT KT T9 maybe T8 very very often cap ur 3bet since ur in the BB u could have many worse trip hands but these should be discounted some or JT (probably never has JJ to the point we can overlook it). Theres only 3 combos in that whole range that have u beat so ur ahead like 20:3 and could discount that to about 4:1 and be on the conservative side (for the once in a blue moon he does have JJ or doesnt cap AT-T9). I think we should check-raise call this hand actually.