Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Free Tool to make SNG Tracker work with new Party

The same thing happens to me. It is because the games all have the same table number so they just get written to the same file making sng tracker think it is one tourny.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:14 AM

We'll I've played probably around 500 sngs since 02/09 and didnt keep records since I figured they are stored on my computer. I got the latest patch for PokerTracker but it's more screwy than SNG Tracker.

I have alot of backtracking to do.. this should be fun [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2006, 01:22 AM

Yeah my profit is about $1000 lower in SNG tracker than it should be as well. I did some comparisons and it looks like there are a bunch of first place finishes that are missing in SNG tracker, everything else looks right. I will keep looking into this, right now I don't know if its because of this tool, party poker, or SNG tracker.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:37 AM

Ok I looked closer and I think I found the problem. It looks like it is with the convertor tool. There is still a problem when party poker doesn't record a first place finish in the hand history. This seems to only occur when there is another game on the same table after the game which party poker did not report the winner. For example one table I played on has 4 games, the first 2 are out of the money finishes, the third is a first that party didn't report correctly, the last one is a third. In SNG tracker the first is reported as a third place finish, and the first isn't reported at all. When I look at the history it doesn't look like the convertor noticed the first place finish. I can send the history if you like, just let me know. Thanks again for all of your hard work in making this convertor. I would be lost if I didn't have SNG tracker anymore.... Maybe its finally time to buy poker tracker, but it doesn't seem like that is working right either.

Chris
Old 02-21-2006, 01:37 AM

Yes. SNG Tracker is recognizing around 30 Table Mannish Boy's as one tournament..
Old 02-21-2006, 01:40 AM

PokerTracker isn't working for me either. It's not recognizing any of my places.

You said that Party isn't recording the finishes correctly? What the hell? I wish I would have known this 100 tournaments ago.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I looked closer and I think I found the problem. It looks like it is with the convertor tool. There is still a problem when party poker doesn't record a first place finish in the hand history. This seems to only occur when there is another game on the same table after the game which party poker did not report the winner. For example one table I played on has 4 games, the first 2 are out of the money finishes, the third is a first that party didn't report correctly, the last one is a third. In SNG tracker the first is reported as a third place finish, and the first isn't reported at all. When I look at the history it doesn't look like the convertor noticed the first place finish. I can send the history if you like, just let me know. Thanks again for all of your hard work in making this convertor. I would be lost if I didn't have SNG tracker anymore.... Maybe its finally time to buy poker tracker, but it doesn't seem like that is working right either.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't mind, e-mail the original file (it will be in your C:\SNGBackup folder). Send it to roygon@gmail.com and I'll take a look.

rvg
Old 02-21-2006, 03:17 AM

I can't get the file to open. I downloaded it from the previously posted link and then I was taken to the Winzip screen. Unable to get it to run from there...
Old 02-21-2006, 10:35 AM

rvg, thanks a lot. Not sure what I would do if I couldn't click two buttons and have all my data in SNGTracker.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't get the file to open. I downloaded it from the previously posted link and then I was taken to the Winzip screen. Unable to get it to run from there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you unzip it into the right directory? Here are the basic instructions:

Unzip this and put it in your Hand History root folder, so that would be “C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\HandHistory” normally. You will need the .NET Framework version 1.1 which you can grab from www.microsoft.com in the downloads section if you don’t have it.

It will go through all of your hand history sub folders looking for these new format SNG summaries. When it find one it throws it in the C:\SNGBackup folder and then creates a new one in its place with the same name but with an _SNG in the filename. You should be able to then import those files (with the _SNG extention) with SNG Tracker.

rvg