Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Common scenarios -- KQo in SB vs button raise

I started this as a response in this thread but decided that it really deserved separate attention. 4th hand with villain (see other thread for specific hands, but not all that important).

4 handed 10/20.
Button opens to 70 but only has 1200 to start the hand.
You (cover) have KQo in SB and call, BB folds. (see other thread for preflop objections)

What's your line/thinking on the following flops?

A) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I vote c/f

B) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Could c/r and push blank turns, could c/c and lead blank turns, could just bet/bet/bet the whole way (possibly slowing down on really bad cards, like check Js turn bet/fold river). I think I like bet/bet/bet, but c/r is a close second.

C) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I think I like c/r push turn. If he doesn't bet the flop I'll try a turn c/r push river (best case since my line is so unbelievable). If he doesn't bet the turn I'll try a river c/r (hoping that he backed into something he has to value bet). Even though c/r flop push turn shows a lot of strength, once he bets the flop there really isn't a whole lot more that can be done to extract value or induce bluffs besides just betting.

D) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I vote playing the c/c game and trying like hell to get to a showdown. Lots of sticky stuff can happen after the flop goes c/c but its pointless to enumerate everything, just have to feel it out.

Discuss, and feel free to throw up more scenarios.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Common scenarios -- KQo in SB vs button raise

B and C lines are so gross