Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: The Shield 6.1 discussion thread

It's remarkable how intense Michael Chiklis can be. When he's pissed, his eyes look like their on fire. What's great is that you root for him, but know that he has to burn for his transgressions. A 21st century fallen angel.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:52 PM

The only way this series can end is with Vic dead. Also on a side note Detective Billings is awesome.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also on a side note Detective Billings is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has turned into great comic relief for the cast. "I'm gonna take a personal day tomorrow." Claudette: "We'll try to fill the void."

That this guy was an interim captain speaks volumes about what the producers/writers think of the LAPD.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:14 PM

the scene where Shane finds out, then goes into the car, obviously considering suicide right there is another great angle used to show the emotion of the characters, and what they are going through.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:33 PM

Also, at the beginning Claudette asks Dutch where Billings is and Dutch says "Billings takes 9 to 5 VERY seriously"
Old 04-04-2007, 03:08 PM

It really was amazing. My only 2 worries:

Forest Whitaker was listed as "Guest Starring," which I assume means he won't be around for long. I'm sure they'll do great things to close the arc on his character, but I'll miss him when he's gone.

Also, I practically begged/threatened several coworkers and friends to watch or tivo last night's premiere, but after I watched it I realized that there's no way they can understand how great that episode was if they don't know everything that came before. The producers did a good job catching new comers up with the facts, but the emotions and levels for each character could only be known if you've seen the previous stuff.

Anyway, it is my personal favorite tv drama ever, and I can't wait for this season to play out.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forest Whitaker was listed as "Guest Starring," which I assume means he won't be around for long. I'm sure they'll do great things to close the arc on his character, but I'll miss him when he's gone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hasn't he been listed as a guest star ever since he came on the show?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:16 PM

jawhoo- i completely agree with you. I am hesitant to tell any of my friends who dont already watch this to start. They would probably think its okay but miss what makes it so good. The character progression is amazing. I realize this even more anytime I watch an episode from season 2 or 3.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It really was amazing. My only 2 worries:

Also, I practically begged/threatened several coworkers and friends to watch or tivo last night's premiere, but after I watched it I realized that there's no way they can understand how great that episode was if they don't know everything that came before. The producers did a good job catching new comers up with the facts, but the emotions and levels for each character could only be known if you've seen the previous stuff.

Anyway, it is my personal favorite tv drama ever, and I can't wait for this season to play out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should go back an pull up all of my old posts about The Sheild. This show is the BEST thing on TV right now, and may be one of the best shows of all-time when it is all said and done. As shows like 24, Lost, and such continue to let their viewers down as the seasons roll along (Sopranos and The Wire I'm not exactly familiar with, so I'll leave them alone), Shawn Ryan has taken TV drama to a whole new level.

I almost had forgotten how emotionally draining an episode of The Shield can be and last night was as emotionally draining as an episode can be. From the beginning "Previously on The Shield" montage, watching the death of Lem again brought back all of the emotions of this show right back to me. I've never been as emotionally involved in a show as this one. I've been watching since the beginning and apart from a few letdown story arcs, this show has been tremendous throughout. This season looks to be the best yet, and I can only hope that Ryan can keep us guessing to the probable bitter end.

As far as introducing people to the show, you have to have them start with Season 1. Every person I've lended my Season 1 DVD to has almost immediately returned it and asked for Season 2. Millions of people are missing out on what will go down as one of the greatest TV dramas ever. I actually feel bad for epople who have not watched it or haven't heard of it... it is that damn good!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hasn't he been listed as a guest star ever since he came on the show?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, I didn't notice that but I hope so. Minor spoiler: <font color="white">I think Kavanaugh crossing the line and starting to cheat himself in order to nail Mackey was the most interesting development of the night. </font> He's absolutely brilliantly played by Whitaker imo.

I didn't know there was so much Shield love on OOT - I assume there was a long discussion about the fact that the lack of Best Actor/Supporting/Drama Nominations, much less wins, for The Shield last season pretty much invalidated the Emmy's.

By the way, I just looked and Amazon has seasons 1-4 in a pack for like $130. I'm going to start giving it out for wedding gifts.