Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 PM

Default ROI at 6 handed 10$+1$ Sit and go

I am playing 6 handed 10$+1$ Sit and Go tournaments. How big a ROI do you other people have in these tournaments. How big a ROI should I have if it shouln't be wiser for me to use my time on Ring games (cash games).

Hope you can help me.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: ROI at 6 handed 10$+1$ Sit and go

eleventy billion
Old 04-04-2007, 02:12 PM

I think it's time to take this out of the FAQ. It's just confusing and irrelevant now.

[ QUOTE ]
What are attainable stats at the different levels?

NOTE: The below talks about the "old" party structure. Conclusive sorts of findings with respect to the "new" party structure haven't been come up with yet.

In this thread, one poster comments on many things, including attainable stats for the various buyins. More than that, there is quite a bit of posting later in that thread about what are attainable and realistic ROI’s for the higher stakes Party SNGs. A summary for a "good player" the following ROis are good, while 4 tabling:

11s - 25% ROI
20s - 20% ROI
33s - 16% ROI
55s - 13% ROI
109s - 10% ROI
215s - 7% ROI

Higher ROIs are attainable at every one of these levels, HOWEVER if you can achieve the above ROI's you are capable of making a good living at poker, especially if you can do so playing 8 at once.

Anyone who can achieve the above ROI's, while playing many tables at once, is a "good" player. They might not be great and may still have plenty of weaknesses, but they are definitely very good at what they do.

In short, if your ROI is higher than the above numbers, you are doing something right and should be relatively satisfied with your play. You may still have plenty of room to improve but you are definitely on the right track.

(thanks for the above to curtains.)

Basically, as you move up your ITM shouldn’t decrease very much, but your ROI will. If you’re making money though, you’re making money. Just don’t get overconfident with a small sample size. See the “what do you think of my stats?” section.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-04-2007, 02:13 PM

"How big a ROI should I have if it shouln't be wiser for me to use my time on Ring games (cash games)."

Your ROI should be large enough so that your hourly rate is higher than your hourly rate playing cash games, if you are playing strictly for money.

My ROI, I think, was somewhere around 15% back when I played those. I'm not certain but it was def. > 10% although that was like 2 or 3 years ago or something and on Party.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:14 PM

Slim,

Yes, all the mods are working on a new FAQ.

Just try to imagine how fun it is overhauling the FAQ for no pay and I'm sure you'll understand why it's taking a while. But it is in the works.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:15 PM

truth. thanks for being a great mod, wiggs!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How big a ROI do you other people have in these tournaments. How big a ROI should I have if it shouln't be wiser for me to use my time on Ring games (cash games).

[/ QUOTE ]

if( (ROI*SnGPlayed*Buyin / TimeSpent) > (BBInCash *RingBBPer100 * NbHands / 100) )
cout << "Play SNG" << endl;
else
cout << "Play CASH" << endl;
Old 04-04-2007, 02:17 PM

We [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you guys! Keep it rollin'.

EDIT: No pay, but I'm assuming the mods get all the chicks, right?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's time to take this out of the FAQ. It's just confusing and irrelevant now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim, I agree with you. You may have noticed that threads like this and other FAQ related questions have not been getting locked as much recently.

Citanul asked me if I wanted to tackle this exact topic, and my answer was 'no'. This is because I don't play SNGs anymore, have played on a couple sit n goes lifetime on Stars (the major site now) and have never played 6max.

So, what's a realistic ROI for various levels? Got me.

So, what can we do about this? I don't know. Do we try to equate previous party levels to current Stars? Like were the party $55s equivalent to the current Stars $27s...or maybe even $16s? I don't know, because I don't play them.

I'm hesistant to do this openly through the forum, because we will get a lot of noise from people running hot or cold. Some will say the 16s are very soft, others will say they are rigged. Some will say you can beat the $110s for >10% ROI.

Also, there has never been much discussion about 6max. So, what are typical ROIs in them?

I'm really not sure what to do about this.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you guys! Keep it rollin'.

EDIT: No pay, but I'm assuming the mods get all the chicks, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never thought to tell a chick that I moderate an online forum...