Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 02:22 AM

Default AT in the CO 6 max trouble on the turn

UTG has about $20, Button has $50 and I cover....

utg limps, i raise to $1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Button calls, utg calls.
flop. K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
utg min bets, i raise to 3.25, button cold calls(uhh lame...), utg folds
Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
What's my line here. I really don't want to put in a bet here and get pushed on by a set, but i'm pretty sure he'll bet hard if i check, not really giving me the right odds to hit my flush, seeing as how i could see him shutting down even with a set if the flush hits the river. I'm pretty sure i'll get paid with the Q but i doubt that's enough implied odds to face a PSB on the turn.... I really don't want to give up yet but is that the right play?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: AT in the CO 6 max trouble on the turn

We can't assume villian has a set everytime he cold calls, he could have a draw, multiple hands actually. With the NFD and a GSTD I'd probley put in 1/2 the pot here and hope he just calls, if he does raise depending on the odds, I'd call and see what happens on the river.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:51 AM

The only conceivable draws out there are worse flush draws and maybe a flush draw + straight draw / OESD. I think in this spot villian more likely is slowplaying a strong hand (33, 66 imo), so I might go for a blocking bet on the turn. If villian just calls (draw most likely) and a blank hits the river, I might even think about a bluff c/raise.

Edit: Btw, any reads on button?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:31 AM

i don't have any strong reads on button. I have only been here a short time and don't recognize him from earlier sessions. I also don't have tracker up on this computer. My general thoughts so far is that he's pretty good and definately not stupid. I like a blocking bet looking back on it, but it looks just like that if not a really bad double barrel and i feel like he will stick in a sizable raise after me if I do and i doubt i'll really ahve odds to call. Assuming he does flat call a blocking bet on the turn or we get ourselves priced in to his raise, do we completely shut down to a blank on the river? What about an ace? i don't realy like a c/raise on the river because with the pot being as big as it probably will be by the river i doubt he is really putting that much in on a bluff. and if we think he's weak on the river c/c seems better than /r because why would he call with less than ten high... am i far off with that?