Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: WVU\'s Beilein going to Michigan

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you a hint- you have no f'ing idea what you are talking about. Nice baseless allegations though. Are all Hoyas as retarded as you, or are you just an outlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im an outlier. Do all Buckeye fans live in a fantasy world where their school isnt completely corrupt, doesnt break NCAA rules in recruiting players, claim their teams/conference is better than it is even though it always underperforms and is so unbearingly boring to watch, or are you just an outlier? No need to answer that question because I already know the answer.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you a hint- you have no f'ing idea what you are talking about. Nice baseless allegations though. Are all Hoyas as retarded as you, or are you just an outlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im an outlier. Do all Buckeye fans live in a fantasy world where their school isnt completely corrupt, doesnt break NCAA rules in recruiting players, claim their teams/conference is better than it is even though it always underperforms and is so unbearingly boring to watch, or are you just an outlier? No need to answer that question because I already know the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know why I'm giving a serious reply to this clown.

Thad Matta could be cheating. Any coach could be cheating for all we know. You are assuming he is cheating, and is thus a bad coach simply because he is landing top talent every year. He immediately turned a struggling program on probation into a powerhouse. He has done so well that people like you are branding him a cheater based on circumstantial evidence. If you consider Beilein a good coach and not Matta, you need to have your head examined.

Izzo, Tubby, Sampson, Ryan, Weber all have records that speak for themselves. Only Izzo is an elite coach in my opinion, but the others have all had considerable and consistent success throughout their respective careers.

Painter and Lickliter have both done excellent jobs with small sample sizes. You can make the argument that either has not done it long enough to be in the mythical "hoyasnaxa good coach" category, but all signs point to both being excellent coaches.

The fact you made the statement "1 good coach" in the OP without even considering Izzo shows you care nothing more than to troll. This is likely the last time I will respond to your nonsense, unless you come up with something intelligent.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like you have all the inside knowledge about these illegal allegations. Are you waiting for the National Enquirer to pay you, or just going to keep them to yourself?

Not sure why you think I live in fantasy land- I have been very realistic about the Big 10 and Ohio State all season. I didn't make a moronic prediction about the title game, the final 4, etc... I thought Ohio State was a superior team than Georgetown, and after Oden gets into foul trouble, your team still got handled. I was constantly dogging the Big 10 all season for being weak, especially Wisconsin. They actually performed BETTER than I expected in the tournament.

Your ignorance speaks for itself. It's amazing how many crappy threads/posts you make. Jealousy is a bitch.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:34 PM

Beilein is one of the best coaches in the country. As is Tom Izzo, Billy Donovan, JT3, Ben Howland, Rick Pitino, and some others. Painter and others are pretty good and on their way, but these others are really good. Matta lands top talent but gets flat outcoached when playing similar teams. I am not jealous of Ohio State or Florida, because it is a lot easier rooting for a team that is made of players you like, not greg oden or noah, and of coaches that dont ooze sleaze, like donovan and matta.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:39 PM

Will Beilein install the 1-3-1 defense at Michigan? Michigan should have good enough athletes that they don't need to use such a gimmick, but who knows.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:24 AM

Although Beilein will have success, it will take some time for him to get his own players in there. I don't know Michigan's players, but it takes shooters, and good fundamental ball handlers to run that system. If they don't have that they will struggle at first.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:34 AM

Izzo
Matta
Tubby
Ryan

All great coaches

Sampson - great recruiter who can't coach
Weber - great coach who can't recruit
Painter - great job, tons of potential

Iowa - unknown
Northwestern, Penn State - who cares.

I think Beilein is very very good, but the BT has a pretty good coaching fraternity right now.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kelvin Sampson is a good coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 04-04-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beilein is one of the best coaches in the country. As is Tom Izzo, Billy Donovan, JT3, Ben Howland, Rick Pitino, and some others. Painter and others are pretty good and on their way, but these others are really good. Matta lands top talent but gets flat outcoached when playing similar teams. I am not jealous of Ohio State or Florida, because it is a lot easier rooting for a team that is made of players you like, not greg oden or noah, and of coaches that dont ooze sleaze, like donovan and matta.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think Matta was outcoached in the national title game?
He wasn't.

did you not see how much Matta got out of that first Buckeye team that had mediocre talent at best?

Izzo- the [censored] (has never had a class not go to the final four)

Matta- the [censored] as established earlier

Ryan- probably the best developer of talent, good in-game coaching, needs to recruit better

Weber- good developer of talent, good in-game coach, needs to recruit better (don't forget he built SIU as well)

Sampson- it's boring, but his coaching style brings in 20+ wins with quite a frequency. Has really improved from being a slightly above average recruiter to a guy who can land the star (see Oklahoma's class he had before leaving and Eric Gordon).

Tubby Smith- needs to recruit better. Has fallen short in the big game too often. Too loyal to his sons. Still, damn good results.

Every one is ahead of John Beilein in what they've done or accomplished thus far. I think all have a higher potential than Beiline as well.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kelvin Sampson is a good coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]