Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker 4/2

[ QUOTE ]
How many players at this table do you think are using proper bankroll management (i.e. they have at least 20 buyins in their BR)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ivey and Benyamine are probably the only players at the table who have a very comfortable bankroll for these stakes. I don't think anyone is playing way out of their bankroll, but if I had to guess most of these guys do not have 30 buy-ins.

I would guess that Antonio has the smallest roll, but it's pure speculation.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello, Lurker here

I'm just curious why noone is talking about Antonio's Esfandiari's re-bluff preflop against Benyamine, I thought it was a great read, and Antonio does this move alot on HSP when he thinks somebody is on a steal. He has really played well this season and got unlucky in the past seasons and doesn't seem to get much props here unless its regarding his t-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I did a previous poll at the end of Season 2 on whose NL game people on 2+2 respected most (from HSP), and the results went:

1. Antonio Esfandiari
2. Ted Forrest
3. Doyle Brunson
Old 04-03-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello, Lurker here

I'm just curious why noone is talking about Antonio's Esfandiari's re-bluff preflop against Benyamine, I thought it was a great read, and Antonio does this move alot on HSP when he thinks somebody is on a steal. He has really played well this season and got unlucky in the past seasons and doesn't seem to get much props here unless its regarding his t-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ] Antonio has shown that he is a top player of the game. After watching him on PAD and especially on HSP I can see that he's one of the best at switch hitting (tourney/cash).
Old 04-03-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want Benyamine to start catching some cards.

Yeah, Booth's bluff was amazing television. The best thing about it to me is that I was so sure Ivey was going to call it. He just doesn't seem like the type of player who can make that laydown, but shows you what I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

in that situation, Ivey has think AT BEST he's a slight favorite. You wanna race for $280,000 with one pair?
Old 04-03-2007, 02:37 PM

Anyone else noticed, that when Antonio Esfendiari had bluffed preflop with his King and 4 of spades. He flipped the king and said something like "200 bucks to see the second card" and JDags said "4 of clubs". Almost! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, the security guard joke was hilarious!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the security guard joke was hilarious!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i agree. it might qualify as Gabe's only successful joke on HSP.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:05 PM

You people keep missing the key detail on the Brad Booth hand. Phil Ivey thought Brad was some random businessman. He said he had never seen him before (although Brad had played a few sessions on the table adjacent to the big game). Phil called me at the first break and told me about the hand.

At the next break, he told me now that he had played with Brad a little, he would have definitely called with his Kings.

Barry
Old 04-03-2007, 03:28 PM

Barry, when are you going to add Patrik to your player analysis page? Obviously it would be straight tens but would be still nice to see.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You people keep missing the key detail on the Brad Booth hand. Phil Ivey thought Brad was some random businessman. He said he had never seen him before (although Brad had played a few sessions on the table adjacent to the big game). Phil called me at the first break and told me about the hand.

At the next break, he told me now that he had played with Brad a little, he would have definitely called with his Kings.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you call there Barry? Also youd think that when your playing that high youd atleast have some background info on the players.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:40 PM

If you look at Antonio's eyes when he makes that re-bluff, he definitly didn't look at his cards. I'm pretty sure after David folded is the first time he saw what he had.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Brad live at the Bellagio for some time? Isn't he a high stakes NL player? How come they never played together before...