Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Move of honor with Queens

Considering you had raised 4 hands a row I'd shove all day long.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not opposed to my play being bad, but for it to be bad you have to put him put him on a range of hands and assume that he'll only call if I'm behind.

I'm just curious if you think it significant that I've raised now 5 hands in a row (and if that effects his play).

[/ QUOTE ]

y not 4bet to pot, and safely fold to a push. put it in on non A/K flops. if the Q hits the flop i fold right away FWIW. screams rigged.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
y not 4bet to pot, and safely fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have reasons but I'm not sure if they're good or not:
(1) I didn't want villain to have the opportunity to push me off the hand post
(2) Image- I wanted to seem a little crazy. And I wanted to show that (even if I'm behind) it could be very expensive to reraise me.
(3) Most important- I really thought even before it happened that someone was going to have to play back at me very soon, and if they did, their range would be behind QQ.

these may not be good reasons but they felt right at the time.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
y not 4bet to pot, and safely fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have reasons but I'm not sure if they're good or not:
(1) I didn't want villain to have the opportunity to push me off the hand post
(2) Image- I wanted to seem a little crazy. And I wanted to show that (even if I'm behind) it could be very expensive to reraise me.
(3) Most important- I really thought even before it happened that someone was going to have to play back at me very soon, and if they did, their range would be behind QQ.

these may not be good reasons but they felt right at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good then. my only concern is if this guy KNOWS that this is what ur doing (raised 4 hands in a row). i've been in this situation more than once where i thought the guy was just trying to play back at me, but turned out he KK+.

that was my only reason for the 4bet.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:58 PM

I dont think 4 hands is enough to establish the image you need to do this. You said you had played tight. Then you pick up 4 raisable hands. It would have been different if you had played a bit crazy for the last 15-20 minutes.

I dont know what his range is, but the first time people 3bet me, min or no, I tend to give them credit for premium hands - JJ+/AK. This villain seems passive as well, making it even more likely that he is sitting on something good.

Edit: From your posts I assume villain called you with 88 or something. Good for you, but I still think a more conservative line is better.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think 4 hands is enough to establish the image you need to do this. You said you had played tight. Then you pick up 4 raisable hands. It would have been different if you had played a bit crazy for the last 15-20 minutes.

I dont know what his range is, but the first time people 3bet me, min or no, I tend to give them credit for premium hands - JJ+/AK. This villain seems passive as well, making it even more likely that he is sitting on something good.

Edit: From your posts I assume villain called you with 88 or something. Good for you, but I still think a more conservative line is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain did call with AK. So we were flipping (which I'm fine with).

Re: image- I hadn't been at the table too long. Personally once I raise more then twice in a row I expect someone to think I'm getting out of line and play at me. I definitely assume someone's getting out of line if they're raising that much.

I think even if villain showed up with a better hand, I wouldn't have minded that the table saw me play this way. I think people would hesitate to reraise me.

Had I not raised so much, I think my overbet would have been weird and I would have given the other guy more credit.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:35 PM

The thing is that we can't assume that a passive player will change gears and start to bluff you just because you are pushing him around. He should, of course, but the nature of a passive villian is that he is exactly not adjusting to table conditions. More likely for that type of villian is that he waits frustrated but patiently for a big hand to finally crush you.

Of course, QQ is a hand that is just strong enough to stand up for what villian thinks is a big hand.