Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker 4/2

Good episode, thoughts:

-Jeez, DN was tighter than a Catholic girl just coming from communion who recently took a vow a celibacy. Obv. he realized that he was a dog to this line up and tightened up accordingly.

-YUKON!!!

-I am very impressed w/ Antonio and Aba. In particular, their discipline in certain situations. The auto-muck w/ top 2 was great, and the RE-move by Antonio was fabulous.

-Sigh, Gabe...PA was NOT scared of MONEY. He was calling a river bet, guaranteed, in that spot IMO.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HOW IS IT THE MOST EXCITING EPISODE IN THIS ENTIRE SERIES GOING BACK 3 SEASONS IS BEING AIRED THE SAME NIGHT AS THE COLLEGE BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME !?!?

/ENDLIFE

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, if only there was some way people could watch TV shows at some arbitrary time instead of the time they are being aired. Someone should invent either a device or an internet service that could do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

TIVO
Old 04-03-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ kaplan saying antonius was playing scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't say that, he said the 10 scared him in that hand. The flop was J86o, Patrick had J8. He bets and JD and BT call. The turn is the 10, PA checks and JD bets 15k, Bt goes out and Patrick just calls. A 5 comes on the river PA checks and JD checks. Gabe says PA could was aware of several hands that could bet him when the 10 hit and he didn't want to go off in one hand. He sure played the hand that way. If JD bet on the river, PA would have probably called anything reasonable. Certain cards in certain situations scare the best players.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:08 AM

I can't believe people aren't talking more about Booth's bluff.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 AM

I want Benyamine to start catching some cards.

Yeah, Booth's bluff was amazing television. The best thing about it to me is that I was so sure Ivey was going to call it. He just doesn't seem like the type of player who can make that laydown, but shows you what I know.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What else was he gonna do in that spot w/ 4 hi? Call like a 'tard to try and spike a five for the obv. str8? Course not, he put Ivey on a range and repped any1 of those sets/big draws or w/e and applied max fold equity LDO.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What else was he gonna do in that spot w/ 4 hi? Call like a 'tard to try and spike a five for the obv. str8? Course not, he put Ivey on a range and repped any1 of those sets/big draws or w/e and applied max fold equity LDO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, what else is he going to do but raise 300k. Everybody would do the same thing. Just basic poker
Old 04-03-2007, 03:31 AM

Pretty hard to put Booth on a set/straight/two pair, as he reraised preflop, but its definitely a possibility, and Ivey knows hes capable of reraising pre with a hand like 76s or 45s. If Booth did in fact flop a straight, two pair, or a set i love the way he played it. The massive overbet screams draw or bluff, so it's a great reverse tell value bet if he did in fact have a big hand. I have a feeling that Ivey was pretty sure he had the best hand but was likely only 50/50 if Booth did have a monster draw.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling that Ivey was pretty sure he had the best hand but was likely only 50/50 if Booth did have a monster draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ivey isn't going to fold if he genuinely thinks he's in a better than 50/50 situation. That's what weak players do. Ivey thought there was a high % chance he was beat.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:44 AM

anyone else surprised at Ivey's fold to booth's bluff?.. Why would he push with a set or AA?. At worst he has 2 pair- on a board like that- its pretty unlikely.. Maybe it was just too early in the session?.. Ivey would be well enough over rolled to make a call like that.. Prob just didn't want to look like a donk on TV if he was wrong..