Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: +ev move?

nobody want to comment because in right?
Old 04-01-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nobody want to comment because in right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, please keep calling all-ins with ATC for 8bbs.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:25 AM

Its gonna cost him about 350 to call a 1300 pot; he should be calling your push with anything, so I would think you need a real hand to push.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
actually i did move in blind, i put the hand into sngwiz after and it said push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Be very carefull when using SNGWIZ calculating overpushes. In the ranges it's suggesting, it usually overestimates your FE as the gap between the numbers it puts in on the opening range and calling range is to large.

In your example, UTGs opening range and the range he calls your push with will most of the times be the same, as he's getting very good odds.

Try to use your own numbers when you're doing these calculations.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually i did move in blind, i put the hand into sngwiz after and it said push?

[/ QUOTE ]
sngwiz has serious flaws in its calculation in situations like this. If you look at the data, it might tell you that UTG will only call with top 10% of the hands or something like that. From reading the documentation on sngwiz, it appears that it gets that 10% number assuming if UTG has to call with all of his chips (which against you, it's not). So instead, assume 0% FE against UTG (which is very likely) and redo the calculation in sngwiz see what's the range you need. I bet you it's a lot tighter than ATC, something like A10+, KQ, 6s+ I would guess
Old 04-02-2007, 02:59 PM

SNGWIZ: Just like in SNGPT (which doesn't do overcalls), you're not supposed to blindly accept the ranges that are given to you by default. Maybe it is starting with a default number of 10% but that by no means that it is the actual calling range of your villain. People like to say there's a bug in SNGWIZ but it's usually a bug in the numbers you put into it.

OP: Saying things like "nobody want to comment because in right?" is going to hurt your game in the long term. It appears you are looking to justify a bad play rather than learn the right play. Your push after UTG already came in for a 4x is likely very -EV because UTG's range, despite being a wild player, still beats ATC. The fact that UTG folded after you pushed is results oriented thinking and is not the correct way to assess if your play was correct.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sngwiz has serious flaws in its calculation in situations like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Wizard’s opponent modeling has improved significantly in later releases. If you see a case where you believe the opponent modeling not realistic for a “typical” opponent, please report it to SitNGo Wizard support.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:15 PM

I'd fold.