Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: It\'s April - how are your fitness resolutions coming along?

thirddan,

the pat on the back stuff is completely missing! i post on another fitness forum, and everyone treats each other with respect. none of the condescension that is here appears in that forum, and most members there are very fit as it's a bodybuilding site. virtually no unfit posters, the exact opposite of the posters here, yet HERE is where there's attitude.

absolutely unreal, because you'd think everyone would understand that any attempts to get healthy should be nurtured and not ridiculed.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:31 PM

nation,

meh, i think there is some, i think fitness is something that needs harsh motivation since its very dependent on hard work and motivation and its something so easy to cheat at and give up on...imo i keep fitness goals based on harsh crit similar to the way people used to coach poker strat here when dynast/clark/ulysses used to give advice, be harsh and people remember...
Old 04-02-2007, 07:32 PM

Nation,

No doubt I mess up as well. I post my log so everyone can see what I do. I think I've made it clear that its low on my priority list as compared to other things. That being said I think I'm fairly close to where I want to be (at this stage in my life). I am decently sized on my frame and I lift almost solely for "beach muscles". I just wanna look good nekkid, but want to develop strength at the same time.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:41 PM

nation,

maybe people are condescending towards you because you derail threads (this one) and bring up petty crap from weeks ago. I briefly skimmed that thread, I had two mean, crappy posts (basically the same post) and later apologized for it. The rest was all good questions. You can't go whining about lack of encouragement and then bring up an old thread just to get back at me or whatever (especially in another, completely unrelated thread). It works both ways. To some degree, it's hypocritical, even. "Unreal", as you would say.

The reply you just made to Thremp was totally uncalled for. He asked me a question, I answered it. I meant exactly what I said, no more, no less. Why you felt compelled to answer for me is beyond my understanding.

"because you'd think everyone would understand that any attempts to get healthy should be nurtured and not ridiculed."

To some degree, maybe, but when the attempts are awful and ill conceived, should they be nurtured? I say no. Sure, you don't have to say "you suck" in reply to it, but you should certainly point out what's bad about it. Which is what everyone did in your thread, to which you replied "nah it's cool I cycle between 800-1600 calories and eat lots of powerbars." If you want to be nurtured, be willing to listen.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:53 PM

kc,

ok, 1. thats really stupid to say i derail threads. sure i went offtopic here, but i had something to say.

2. i replied to thremp because i've been pissed off about this forum for awhile. this could be a fun forum, but some regulars are copping holier than thou attitudes in their replies and it's really old and annoying, hence why i have given no updates. you might say my diet is bad, but at the very least it's information and data.

3. that's at least the 3rd time you have completely ignored something i wrote and manipulated my words to make me sound like my diet is crap. i specifically pointed out that i was on vacation and had powerbars on a few busy days. you're the definition of being intellectually dishonest.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:05 PM

"ok, 1. thats really stupid to say i derail threads. sure i went offtopic here, but i had something to say."

No.. it's not. Just because you have something to say doesn't mean this was the place for it. If you want to pwn me, PM me. Or start an "*** OFFICIAL THE GYM PWN THREAD ***" and nail me for all the forum to see.

"2. i replied to thremp because i've been pissed off about this forum for awhile. "

Again, this is still a thread derailment (and just sorta dick in general, which based on your other posts, seems to be something you're against). Just PM him. Or start a "****OFFICIAL THE GYM HOLDING HANDS AND LET'S BE FRIENDS****" thread.

"you're the definition of being intellectually dishonest."

Actually, taking the "powerbars" part of my statement (which is largely just a joke) as the crux of my statement is just as intellectually dishonest. Obviously everyone's point in that thread is that you should eat more. The only reason people got on you about the powerbar thing is because you posted in a manner like you were tearing ass through this diet. Something like "sick day.. just 3 powerbars and some green tea" (don't exactly remember, but along those lines)... like that was awesome or something. Anyway I'm rambling. Clearly wasn't my point.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:11 PM

All,

I doubt I will pull 4 wheels before now and graduation. I think I can come semi-close and will give it my best effort, but looks like it isn't going to happen. Will have to work on this when I get back from Europe likely.

I didn't really set concrete goals as most of mine are to look studly which is coming along semi-well. The introduction of O-lifts have given a previously not noticed boosts to my traps. Hopefully my neck will disappear in a year or eight. Still way too fat vacation time will be devoted to cutting. Will report when I hit beach with sunglasses to see if random girls stare (The real test).
Old 04-02-2007, 08:15 PM

kc,

whatever man. you can keep saying i'm just derailing this thread, but my points are valid and pretty soon it's going to be a few guys tag teaming uninformed posters who are just trying to get healthy for the first time in their lives.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kc,

whatever man. you can keep saying i'm just derailing this thread, but my points are valid and pretty soon it's going to be a few guys tag teaming uninformed posters who are just trying to get healthy for the first time in their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nation,
I hardly remember how this all got started, but the problem is not that there are uninformed posters coming to get healthy - thats great. It's when someone comes in asking for advice and then just ignores it, although personally I don't care whether you eat 1 powerbar a day or 8. I mean I'd love for everyone to eat healthy and do clean and jerks from the age of 8 but thats not going to happen, and honestly whether someone takes my advice or someone else's isn't that big a priority for me. I like this forum because it gives me a chance to talk about something I'm interested in and learn some new stuff.

Whether kc was out of line really or not shouldnt really be a huge deal, he apologized now lets move on.