Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Standard QQ fold?

Villain here is 34/30/4, but we have had basically no history. I think that based on his play, his range has to be something like KQs, AK, KK, 66, or 77. Comments on all streets, please:

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($50.75)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($50.75)</font>
MP ($137.60)
Button ($56.50)
SB ($66.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, UTG calls $4.25.

Flop: ($12.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, UTG calls $8.

Turn: ($28.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $13</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $41.25
Old 04-02-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Standard QQ fold?

All streets look standard to me.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:26 PM

Since villain is incredibly aggressive, and since you know that you will fold to his turn bet -- and he's probably used to that reaction since he's so aggressive -- I would actually invest a little more on the turn. You let him make the correct reaction to your bet, but on the other hand, you don't let him push you off the best hand as easily. Unfortunately with no read other than stats, I don't think you can trust it enough to just call the value bets that will come if he's got you beat.

I'd make about a half-pot bet on the turn, and a blocking bet on the river UI. It sucks because he's going to get better value, but I think his range is wider than the range you gave him, but I don't want to just check/call OOP, because he'd be too likely to charge me more when he's the bettor. If he can raise any bet along the way in that re-raised pot, then I'd fold.

FWIW, I'm not very confident in this line, but at least it will be good for image if he has us beat [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 04-02-2007, 08:47 PM

I'm not too confident with that line either, which is why I avoided it. I understand that villain could have floated the flop with the intention of raising the turn, but I don't think he'd try this in a 3bet pot. I can't see him doing anything but trapping given his line; he's making a passive play despite his very aggro stats, which should send off red flags.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:02 PM

Yep, that's definitely the argument for taking the line that you played.