Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

I can confirm the banks guage on the cheques too. It seemed about the same as NT's 1.9% fee. Party's EFT is still the best.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:11 PM

Does anyone know how much Moneybookers charges for Bank Transfers for withdrawals. I havent used them yet , so I thought I would try a small withdrawal directly to my bank account. Thanks
Old 04-02-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question regarding moneybookers:

I've gone to my bank to transfer funds from my td canadian bank account to my MB account. I gave my bank all the info that MB gave me to make the transfer (IBAN, SWIFT etc) but they also told me that they needed two more things: the address of moneybookers and the address of commerzbank (the bank that MB uses). Anyone else run into this roadblock or have the relevant info?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

That's EXACTLY what my bank said as well. I haven't gotten around to tracking that down, though.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know how much Moneybookers charges for Bank Transfers for withdrawals. I havent used them yet , so I thought I would try a small withdrawal directly to my bank account. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
they don't charge you anything. in fact, they can't even initiate it. you have to do the transfer. which means going to your bank and having them send it off to moneybookers.

my bank (pc financial) charges $20 i think for a regular transfer.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
they don't charge you anything. in fact, they can't even initiate it. you have to do the transfer. which means going to your bank and having them send it off to moneybookers.

my bank (pc financial) charges $20 i think for a regular transfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he means the other way around...MB's bank to his bank. Unfortunately, I have no idea. Anyone else look into this? I'm sure an email reply will be a few days, but that's probably the best way to find out if no one has done this.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:24 PM

I got my address verification letter from MB today...I requested it Monday or Tuesday last week. All you do once you have the letter is go into your MB account, go to address verification, enter the 6-digit verification code in the letter, and you're done. My 90-day limit has gone from $5,346.40 to $12,029.40 (5,000 Euro increase). I highly recommend that anyone with an MB account do this...I believe the process to get the letter sent in the first place only involved a mouse click or two as well. It's a REAL easy way to add $6,500+ to your limit.

An interesting side note...the return address on the envelope was a Mail Boxes Etc. in Campbell River, BC. I guess they've contracted with them to send the letters out here...and with someone in Campbell River, of all places! It seems UPS hasn't made their way that far to get them to change their name to the "UPS Store" lol.

Last note - STILL waiting on the incompetent fools at Party/Pay-Pro...sigh.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other option would be forgoing the e-wallets entirely and just cashing out directly from the site by cheque or EFT. I expect, however, I would be gouged on exchange rate by my bank just like Neteller gouged me. Could anyone who has experience with cashing USD cheques confirm this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always cashed my USD cheques through my account at Bank of Montreal Investorline. It is an instant broker so clients move alot of currency and are probably more aware of the rate of exchange.

At this moment a USD costs 1.166. A CD costs 1.146. Looks like they take a penny per dollar exchanged or thereabouts.

I don't think one can emphasize enough how important it is to keep funds in a single currency whenever possible. Financial institutions thrive off of fees and currency exchange is one of them.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:27 PM

Nothing's changed lately, but this was getting lost in the middle of the thread.

Moneybookers - AP, b2b, Boss (some), Cake, Everest, iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Party, UB, WSEX
Click2Pay - AP, Boss (some), Crypto (Sun & IP only), Everest, FT, iPoker, Microgaming (some), OnGame, Poker.com, TruePoker, UB
ePassporte - AP, Cake, FT, Stars, UB,
ATMOnline - UB
EcoCard - iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming (some)
No eWallet Available: Pacific, Paradise

Networks checked so far: AP, b2b, Boss, Cake, Crypto, Everest, FT, iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Pacific, Paradise, Party, Poker.com, Stars, TruePoker, UB, WSEX.

Moneybookers

Currency Available: US $, Can $, others
Funding Options: CC (1.9% fee), Bank Transfer (Free)
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($4.67 fee), EFT ($2.40 fee)
Depositing on Sites: No fees
Cashouts from Sites: No fees
Transaction Limits: 1,000 Euro for Outgoing Transactions, no limit for Incoming. Can be increased to as high as 14,000 Euro with some verification steps.

**** Still waiting for my Party deposit to show up one week later. I'm in contact with Party, it seems they've fouled something up on their end.

Click2Pay

Currency Available: Can $ only
Funding Options: CC (3% fee), Bank Wire (NOT transfer)
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($2 fee), C2P Card ($10 fee to get card, $5 monthly dormant fee after 6 months, no other C2P fees)
Depositing on Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Cashouts from Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Transaction Limits: NO limits on C2P-site-C2P transfers. $500/wk limit on loading from CC, will be increased after you spend a certain amount of money over a certain period of time...they don't specify how much or how long. Next level is $1,000 per week. there are a total of 4 levels after your initial one.

ePassporte

Currency Available: US $ only
Funding Options: CC only ($5 fee per $100 loaded)
Withdrawal Options: Wire Transfer ($50 fee), ATM ($2 fee, requires a $35 purchase of a Visa Card, $35 annual fee)
Depositing on Sites:
Cashouts from Sites:
Transaction Limits: $500 max daily total loads ($1000 for select); 5 max daily loads; 10 max daily transactions; $300 max daily total withdrawals ($600 for select); 5 max daily ATM transactions; 10 max Visa transactions. Select status requirements on web site, $5 fee
Old 04-02-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The other option would be forgoing the e-wallets entirely and just cashing out directly from the site by cheque or EFT. I expect, however, I would be gouged on exchange rate by my bank just like Neteller gouged me. Could anyone who has experience with cashing USD cheques confirm this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always cashed my USD cheques through my account at Bank of Montreal Investorline. It is an instant broker so clients move alot of currency and are probably more aware of the rate of exchange.

At this moment a USD costs 1.166. A CD costs 1.146. Looks like they take a penny per dollar exchanged or thereabouts.

I don't think one can emphasize enough how important it is to keep funds in a single currency whenever possible. Financial institutions thrive off of fees and currency exchange is one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. This also got me thinking...although it's a pain keeping track of my funds in two different currencies, I wonder if C2P's method isn't the best for Canadians? Our money's available to us in Canadian currency, so we don't pay any exchange when withdrawing from C2P, and they don't charge exchange fees moving on to/off of poker sites. Am I missing anything?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's EXACTLY what my bank said as well. I haven't gotten around to tracking that down, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you recommend depositing using credit card? I think thats what you did wasnt it? I'd elected to try the bank transfer first for 2 reasons
1.) I wanted to be sure that my MB account was setup in USD by giving my bank US bills for the transfer (I did pick USD for the currency during my MB signup as well)
2.) I was worried about getting dinged by my CC for a cash advance.

How did you handle these two issues?
Closed Thread