Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Baluga theorum tested (sql stuff)

The one's that hit don't account for the entire spectrum of straights and flushes, but yeah, they definitely account for some portion of it.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:35 PM

thank you very much. you are going in the right direction
about querying PT.
i do not want to hijack this thread but i think it would be very interesting if somebody with a big database could check out, for example, the standard deviation of all Pre Flop All ins from their statistically expected outcome or the standard deviation from turn to river based on existing equity on the turn. i think we all had or fair share of "Disappointments" and we all cursed the poker sites. i think a lot of people would be interested in this kind of data
Old 04-02-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait a minute. you are telling me when people call raises and then c/r, stuffing their stack in on the turn, they usually have a hand??!! WTF!

In all seriousness, I really wish i wasn't so dumb, becuase their are some lines I would like to search in my PT. I asked about this a while ago and pokey or grunch (are they the same person?) told me this coudn't be done. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

edited: just cause i suck

[/ QUOTE ]

Some kinds of queries are impossible to write against the PT database. Not because of SQL, but because of how the PT database is structured. In particular, individual bets aren't recorded, so you can't query on things like minraises etc. Even still, there are lots of very useful SQL queries you can write.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:40 PM

I get no matches...[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wait a minute. you are telling me when people call raises and then c/r, stuffing their stack in on the turn, they usually have a hand??!! WTF!

In all seriousness, I really wish i wasn't so dumb, becuase their are some lines I would like to search in my PT. I asked about this a while ago and pokey or grunch (are they the same person?) told me this coudn't be done. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some kinds of queries are impossible to write against the PT database. Not because of SQL, but because of how the PT database is structured. In particular, individual bets aren't recorded, so you can't query on things like minraises etc. Even still, there are lots of very useful SQL queries you can write.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually gotten pretty good at doing stuff like this by using regular expressions to parse hand histories, either in the query or in a shell script that does a little extra processing. I've been wanting an excuse to bug you on AIM anyway so maybe I'll do that later.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pokey or grunch (are they the same person?)

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:48 PM

I always like hearing from fellow 2ers on AIM - no excuse needed. I probably won't be able to chat today however. This is like the day from hell at work.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you consider draws/suck outs that hit on the river? Maybe I read it wrong but it looks like you are looking at the final hand and not the hand held on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, those aren't considered, and I'll say definitively right now that this won't happen (not people sucking out, including that in the query)

[/ QUOTE ]

Including it in the query would be very hard.

But it wouldn't be hard to do it in code. You use the SQL to get the hands and the board on the turn, then use pokenum or some other module to evaluate the hand equity on the turn.

In code, you could do a LOT more logic, to figure out whether it matters if the board has a flush draw, or the board is paired, etc.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Grunch.

I shouldn't have misrepresented what you said --im just lazy.

IIRC, i asked you if i could search for a certain sequence and you said it wasn't possible (i dont remember what it was now).
Old 04-02-2007, 03:04 PM

I vaguely remember that thread. I seem to recall the question being something regarding a minraise. I could be wrong tho.