Default Trips weak kicker flop decision

PokerStars 5 NL Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> HandRecorder

Stacks &amp; Stats
BU ($5.51)
SB ($3.99)
CO ($6.42)
MP ($4.55)
Hero ($10.01)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BU calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.22) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $0.10</font>, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises to $0.20</font>, BU calls $0.20, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $0.70</font>, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises to $1.20</font>, BU folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($3.12) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets $5.17 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $5.17.

River: ($13.46) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(1 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $13.46.

I dont know where i stand, against this fishes i often think i'm ahead. But who reraises me here on that flop ? Overpair ? or a better 5x, maybe FH ?

I think either i should fold or push him here
Old 04-02-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Trips weak kicker flop decision

The biggest things: the bet amounts on this flop!!

I don't like your bet amt. into 3 opp's; making it stronger seems better. I can think of a few reasons: you want to punish drawers, and a half pot bet looks weak. Then your raise seems weak as well: the Button called the CO raise. I think this is an OK spot to pop it up to about $.9-$1.00.

I've been in a situation like this before almost verbatim; bet out into flop, was min-raised, so I re-raised, and then got low-re-raised AGAIN! A friend who reviewed my play basically said: what would anyone but a total donk do this with that your obvious trips low kicker beat? I think the hands that re-raise you in that way there are probably straight draws, trips, or perhaps even a full house. Perhaps an overpair is possible, but even at that limit, I would expect most higher pairs to be raised pf. It's very hard to know an unknowns hand distribution in this situation, which is part of why I bet stronger because of that.

As played, I lean towards a fold on the turn push.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:57 PM

but when i reraise why should i call after the rereraise ? i think either push or fold at flop
Old 04-02-2007, 02:02 PM

Well, again, part of the problem: with these bet amounts, it's hard to just fold to the re-raise; you DO have a strong hand, but have not represented it strongly enough. I'm thinking hard about what might be best here. One thing just occured to me: villian could put you on some sort of draw as well. Size your bets better on the flop and you may have an easier decision.

I think as played even if you donk-betted out on the turn, the CO would probably have AI'd anyway. An AI overbet on the turn just seems strong.

What did CO have? I'm rarely curious but here I would like to know.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:29 PM

54s clubs. FH at Flop 3outer here, but i can't give him that hand every day ^^
Old 04-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Make a note of the villian then: his min-raises are for value [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I think the avg. villian at micro limit min-raises with very strong hands.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Im playing NL10 right now, but i played NL5 for about 6 months to go from 50, to 200. Anyways, I also consider min raises to be indicator of great strenghs at those levels similarly to catfish but I learned that the strengh is relative to the player,
At those stakes ANY pocket would justify his way of playing IMO, ive even seen pocket aces being slowplayed so that would have been a possible hand for him...moreover, because of your weak bet on the flop, you let him have the perception of strengh with alot more hands which is risky , as displayed on the turn.....

You definitly want to raise a good 80-85 % of the pot, even if at NL 5 your gonna be the only one doing so...in which case you wont encounter donks who do not know what they are doing and are putting you in a difficult position.

i would call and be happy, in the long term i think your gonna get paid off way more often