Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 10:49 AM

Default I was ahead somewhere

live 5/10 with a kill. the game is only 6-7 handed, I just sat down an orbit or two ago and have been raising PF a lot - table thinks I'm a total nutcase and they're all talking about it. very good loose table, one guy is folding a lot but that's it.

so I raise UTG with JJ and everyone calls.

flop:
K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checks to me and I bet and get three callers.

turn:
A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, folds to the button who raises, everyone else folds, I call and ask the dealer to please throw a ten up on the river.

river:
Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises

so either I was ahead on the turn or I'm ahead now. does he actually have the balls to raise me on the turn without a ten?

oh and he's not folding a ten to a 3bet even if I flipped my cards over.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: I was ahead somewhere

most live players aren't raising the river here less than full. call and look at AQ or KQ.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:08 AM

Interesting. If they think you're nuts, I 3-town, since he may think you only have trip Q's. I also don't see him raising the turn w/out a T, so I'm having a problem seeing how you're not ahead at this point.

Could you fold to a 4-bet? I think not, but I think 3-betting is correct regardless. I think all he's thinking now is "ZOMG I have a T, this guy's just chopping with me at worst."
Old 04-02-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
most live players aren't raising the river here less than full. call and look at AQ or KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I agree but that's what surprised me so much. it's even rarer for them to raise the turn with a two pair when I can certainly have a straight (and there was someone to act behind him as well).
Old 04-02-2007, 11:35 AM

hmmm. provided that you are perceived as a nutcase, i would think AQ would reraise you on the button a good portion of the time. three-betting the river seems right, but i wouldn't belittle someone that made a crying call - a lot of low limit players will raise the turn with two pair regardless of how many are yet to act, especially if they are only thinking "this idiot is going down."

good post. can you pm me the results?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 AM

weird. i just call. It would be odd for the guy to raise a bare T here but it would be just as weird i think for AQ and esp KQ to cr the turn here ( i dont think the guy behind matters that much AQ probably thinks its a value raise against ur "huge range" given ur image but yeah u could easily have a T and how often do u bet the turn with a worse hand than KQ, he may think ur very capable of it and paying off with worse tho).
Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most live players are raising here with nothing but a 10

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Many donks raise once with a 10 here - but it's not safe to 3 bet - and totally wrong to fold.

If he has AQ, KQ or JQ, kick Zeebo in thee nuts.

AB