20-21 8 47.06%
23-24 1 5.88%
30+ 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: What stakes do you play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You ain't getting the basics down in NL10, trust me. Just try 25 and play tight, please!

[/ QUOTE ] disagree here. if nothing else you're learning bet-sizing in relation to the pot, basic preflop play , and how to extract value with big hands, all of which will be important at the next levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at 32/10 at 10nl with >8ptbb/100 winrate. What am I supposed to be learning?
Old 04-01-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You ain't getting the basics down in NL10, trust me. Just try 25 and play tight, please!

[/ QUOTE ] disagree here. if nothing else you're learning bet-sizing in relation to the pot, basic preflop play , and how to extract value with big hands, all of which will be important at the next levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at 32/10 at 10nl with >8ptbb/100 winrate. What am I supposed to be learning?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you new to NL, b/c im pretty sure the person whose stakes we were talking about just converted from limit. That being said, a whole hell of a lot if those are your pf stats.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you new to NL, b/c im pretty sure the person whose stakes we were talking about just converted from limit. That being said, a whole hell of a lot if those are your pf stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is entirely possible that playing loose aggressive at mico limit is profitable since people will get "pot committed" to 2nd pair and stack off when he LAGs up TPWK or some crazy 2-pair.

I'd love to see more of the 10NL stats from PT for 32/10 at 10nl with >8ptbb/100. If that is over 100K hands or more, then he is obviously doing something very well, and rather unorthodox. I'd love to hear about it.

If its over 10K hands or something, then it really doesn't mean much anyway.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:31 PM

No way its over 100k hands. The player would move up to the higher game to earn more loot.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is entirely possible that playing loose aggressive at mico limit is profitable since people will get "pot committed" to 2nd pair and stack off when he LAGs up TPWK or some crazy 2-pair.

I'd love to see more of the 10NL stats from PT for 32/10 at 10nl with >8ptbb/100. If that is over 100K hands or more, then he is obviously doing something very well, and rather unorthodox. I'd love to hear about it.

If its over 10K hands or something, then it really doesn't mean much anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

im confident anyone could beat the [censored] out of 10NL with those stats with decent postflop play due to how light people will stack off. The whole point is that if you're going to be playing that low you should be working on things that will help you when you move up, not playing loose/passive to get the highest winrate you can at 10NL.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:35 PM

I just came over from limit too...and I can't resist overlimping.

And yes...small sample size.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just came over from limit too...and I can't resist overlimping.

And yes...small sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok then since it was a serious question i apologize, i took it the wrong way. From your pf numbers, you are probably overlimping too much as you said. At these stakes people will stack off so easily that you can be very profitable this way. As you move up levels, people will stop stacking off so light in limped pots, and your EV will be higher by folding some of the hands you've been overlimping, as well as probably raising some of them to isolate a single limper and c-betting. i dont know if you are open-limping in late position but as you move up, you'll want to start raising from LP rather than open-limping.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:29 PM

Been from 25nl to 100nl and back to 25nl. Enjoying my last 15K at 25nl. I also play live 1/2 and some 2/5 at the local boat.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 AM

The difference between the stakes isn't that big and for me I found the levels where I ran bad a lot harder than the ones where I didn't. So NL10 and NL25 seemed hard, while NL50 seemed easy in the beginning.

Discounting for that, NL25 actually seemed nittier than NL50 for some reason here at Party.

checkmate, I always followed around a 20 to 22 BI rule (22 if I lacked confidence, 20 if I felt like I was crushing the current level). This worked out fine for me so far, maybe it's been running good but I haven't had to move down.

I would suggest the same.

ottsville, if you're 32/10 then as you move on you will have to either become a post-flop god in hand-reading and raise your PFR% or much much likely drop down your VP$IP.

I was 25/6 at NL5 and the stakes have forced me to raise my PFR and lower my VP$IP to 15/10 now at NL100, mostly without me even consciously trying.

Just remember all the nano-games players that if you read these forums, participate in the discussion, have PT/PAHUD and actively think about your game you are doing a lot lot lot more and are probably a lot better than the average opponents you will meet at your next stakes.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just remember all the nano-games players that if you read these forums, participate in the discussion, have PT/PAHUD and actively think about your game you are doing a lot lot lot more and are probably a lot better than the average opponents you will meet at your next stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very encouraging! I hope one day I can build a roll big enough to move beyond nano/micro games.