Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Pocket AA facing an all-in on Flop

No real reads on villian other than i haven't seen him all-in since he sat down. Doesn't seem very loose. Anyone throw this away?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($21.50)
UTG ($36.80)
Button ($19.05)
SB ($25.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, Button calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Cortjstr: bets $3.50
villian: raises $13.30 to $16.80 and is all-in
Old 04-01-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Pocket AA facing an all-in on Flop

raise more preflop at least to 3...as played im probably calling this flop and paying off JJ/66/KJ if he has it. prlly safe to assume he doesnt have KK as he would have 4 betted a mini raise from u.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:32 PM

I call, this will be kings pretty much never, jacks and 6's are a slight worry but you're playing four handed, he probably just has a king. You're also getting close to 2-1 on the call which means you're pretty much getting the right price to call against anything but a set and you'll be beating a fair number of his hands too.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:45 PM

I think you can call the push. It'll be Kx (or worse) a good chunk of the time, I think. (I mean, from Villain's perspective there's a good chance the two of you are going to be playing for stacks anyway, and he may be figuring he might as well get it over with and take whatever folding equity he can get. Plus, the drawish nature of the board may worry him if he has a made hand rather than a draw of his own.)

By the way, I'm not crazy about the small preflop 3-bet. That's partly an aesthetic thing, but then also min-raising with a strong hand is so popular at NL25 that I think it represents strength nearly as much as a bigger 3-bet would (this is more true postflop than preflop, though, I'll admit). You won't get a fold with your small 3-bet like you often would with a bigger reraise (which is a benefit to 3-betting small, I'll admit), but at the same time the small 3-bet does suggest to Villain that he should play cautiously postflop unless he flops big. A bigger 3-bet would do the same thing, but at least then you'd be getting more money in preflop as a big favorite.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:58 PM

I agree with the others that the re-raise preflop is way too small. As played you have to call the all-in.