Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Another QQ vs LAA

SB is 29/19 with an 11.50 AF after 120 hands.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
7 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (11BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13BB
Old 04-01-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Another QQ vs LAA

[ QUOTE ]
SB is 29/19 with an 11.50 AF after 120 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's he been showing down?
Old 04-01-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only hand he's shown at this table prior to this was K8o in the SB. Previous showdowns indicate mostly solid hands (AJ, 55, 97s, QTs), but without regard to position.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Given reads, and assuming SB hasn't been showing down consistent winning hands, this looks good.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only hand he's shown at this table prior to this was K8o in the SB. Previous showdowns indicate mostly solid hands (AJ, 55, 97s, QTs), but without regard to position.

[/ QUOTE ]How many of these hands did he win? Does he know how and when to fold?

If he has went to SD with many second best hands then you played this fine. Otherwise you should call down from c/r.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]How many of these hands did he win? Does he know how and when to fold?

If he has went to SD with many second best hands then you played this fine. Otherwise you should call down from c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's 50% at SD. He's tracking at 5BB/100, but most of that is from getting folds out of people on the turn and river.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:48 PM

you can't really say much about these stats over a 120 hands ... these stats are easily attained by many

at this point all you know is he has some card selection - and has been aggressive when playing (also note: the high AF is also an indication that he folds a lot as well)

because you have no real read on villain here - I think a call down from the turn check raise is in order (due to the nature of his AF ... he can easily fold to your 3bet or cap you putting you into a bad situation, because you're unlikely to fold and putting in that many bets against a bet/fold type of player probably isn't the best idea)

Perhaps after you have some real reads on this guy (what types of hands he'll check raise you with - and what kind of hands he is will call down with) we can punishment him, but lets wait untill we do
Old 04-01-2007, 08:32 PM

I really don't like the turn 3-bet. I like a call, and here's why:

He may fold hands that we beat, but would have bet the river with

He will 4-bet and lead all river with hands that crush us

It stops him from bluffing, if he is doing so

I really don't like it, because it forces you to call the river since the pot is now really bloated.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:49 PM

I call down after the checkraise, this seems a lot like spew to be honest. I'm not even sure about calling the turn cap after your 3-bet, what the hell is he doing this with that you beat? You get 2:13 (correct, right? - I think he bets river here 100%) so you have to be good around 15% of the time ... bit less because you have outs when he made two pair but still, I think it's close between a calldown and a fold then. Ofcourse when he's so agressive that he plays his 77 or whatever like this when he puts you on AK it's all good ;p