Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Default 200 NL: AA donk-bet into on turn

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($221.65)
Button ($209.80)
SB ($213.40)
BB ($225.85)
Hero ($296.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, MP calls $8, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($26) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, MP folds, SB calls $16.

Turn: ($58) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $12</font>, Hero ???.

I've just moved up to 200 NL at UB, so no concrete reads. The first cold-caller seems like a pretty solid TAG, he's at several tables and has decent stacks on all of them. Have him at 24/20 over about 140 hands, but he doesn't figure too heavily into the hand. The main villain seems pretty fishy. I have him at 38/20 over 70 hands. Couple interesting hands that I've seen from him:
1. Min-raised UTG with K4s. Got one call from the BB, min-bet on a K-high flop, checked behind on the turn and then minbet again when checked to on the river.
2. Completed SB with 94s in blind vs. blind, then minbet a 742 flop, got minraised and called the minraise and a minbet on a 6 turn.

Overall, seems to be a pretty incompetent player.

I'm definitely not folding here, so it's a decision between calling and re-evaluating on the river, or raising and then most likely folding to a push. I think his range is pretty wide here, and his donkbet confused the heck out of me. The board is semi-scary, and there are a ton of river cards I don't want to see, which seems to argue for raising. At the same time, he's pretty donkish and I think likely to bet smallish on the river as well if I just call, and I'd hate to be 3-bet here. Thoughts?
Old 04-01-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: 200 NL: AA donk-bet into on turn

I feel like you should raise and then flatcall his river donk. Unfortunately, your reads all fall into the small pot area, so that doesn't help you all too much here. I'd normally call, but I feel that there's more value in raising.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: 200 NL: AA donk-bet into on turn

Raise up. I make a religion out of raising weak little bets like this because most of the time that's exactly what they are. A weak hand looking for a cheap card to beat you, which means you should raise. Sometimes villain will call and pad your Sklansky wallet, and sometimes he will fold and you take the pot. If he 3-bets it's an easy fold.