Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: BBV roll call: Who got into poker bc of \"Rounders\"?

I started because of Gus Hansen
Old 03-31-2007, 06:27 PM

yep Rounders

I remember when I watched it the first time I was like "oh WOW look at all those monayse!!! Do people really play Texas No Limit Hold'em with so much money??"

And I could really feel the pain of his A9 running into top boat, and feel his satisfaction as he slowplayed the flopped nuts (lol I think this single scene has benefited all of us more than we know.... after watching this movie fish are like "YES I WILL BE LIKE PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYER JOHN CHAN AND CHECK MY NUTS")

I watched it just recently, and I just could not get excited about the hands, simply because I've become numb(er) to the thrill of gamble
Old 03-31-2007, 06:27 PM

I was in the hospital, in intensive care, and I watched the entire 2005 WSOP main event. I had about a month off after I was released from the hospital, and started playing the fake money games on PS.

I ordered SSHE and was hooked ever since.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:28 PM

btw I thought it was a decent movie, I don't get why people rag on it so much
Old 03-31-2007, 06:32 PM

i got into game cause in the 9th grade everyone in my grade and the grade above got into poker, i sucked so hard and lost a lot until a few years later i had a friend online (gobboboy) who was playing online poker and started teaching me, the school got pissed at the poker thing cause people were playing like $5 "tournaments"(like 5-8 person freezeout with like top 2-3 getting paid but no blinds moving up)parents got pissed cause kids lost money and i think one kid got beat up over it, so they banned it, i wish i could play those games now
Old 03-31-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i started cuz of farha...watched the 03 ME and thought he was the coolest guy ever.

would watch the final table several times and every time i kept hoping for a different result.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol same here
Old 03-31-2007, 08:30 PM

Didn't even see Rounders until I had been playing poker for a couple years. Got into the game after seeing all the Moneymaker reruns on ESPN, and never saw Rounders until this past fall.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:40 PM

i saw rounds about 8 years ago thought it was a ok movie but not much else of it and then i started play a small home game with friends for 5 bucks a peice about 2 years ago (just an excuse to drink). I was horrible so i thought i would go on the internet to find a strategy to gain an edge. When i googled it all these poker sites cameup and i was like wtf? i hadn't even heard of online poker or think that people accually play poker professionally. anyways i registered on pokerchamps (yuck) played a few freerolls won 5 bucks then entered a small dolla tourney and monied in that for like 20 bucks and havn't looked back since.