Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 06:34 PM

Default pokerstars can they sue me...?

ok i got an email 2 days ago saying pokerstars have overpaid my account by $3000 this happend in february and i having not checked my bank statement for along time in those 2 months have spent the money that overpaid me on various things such as going out with friends things i do on a weekly basis thinking im paying with my own money which i get paid frmo work and little extra from poker and having received the email they want the moeny back i however checkin my statement like i said no longer have this moeny and cannot afford to pay them back i am auniversity student and money is smoethin i can get hold of what procedures can they place on me to get there money back at the end of the day i see it as they made the mistake it was there error and i having not known till 2 days ago was not in the wrnog thinking i am spending my own money i feel so sick and scared and im 20 years old and do not have the money they want i never asked for any over payments or to be put in this scenario what you guys think will happen to me and what can i do i mena theres no way i can pay back i dont work i get my money from government grants i live in the united kingdom i joined the site thinking there procedures with the amount of money comin in and out of there business would all be carried in a safe and responsible manner i am know very scared at waht they are planning to do i would have never joined the site if i knew they had these flaws and can make such big stupid mistakes please help guys
Old 03-31-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: pokerstars can they sue me...?

i would say, you should either go talk to lawyer, im sure you can find one to give you 30 mins of free consultation... or, put your question under poker legislation. seems like a more appropriate place for it
Old 03-31-2007, 07:32 PM

You should consult an attorney, if you want a real and more-or-less authoritative answer.

What can they do to you? Probably not a lot if you are in the U.S., but only a lawyer can tell you for sure. They're based in Costa Rica and their business is of dubious legality here in the States.

I'm having a hard time believing you didn't see their error since you don't have a lot of money. You just happened to have an extra three grand appear and you thought it was yours? Interesting.

What you should do is to contact them and ask to work out a plan to pay the money back to them. That's the right thing to do. If you tell them you don't have it, they will likely work with you.

Good luck.

ETA: Also, the use of the enter key will build karma.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:48 PM

Link to his x-post in the Zoo

Link to his x-post in Legislation
Old 03-31-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Link to his x-post in the Zoo

Link to his x-post in Legislation

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he use punctuation in those posts, or were they all one sentence too?

Seriously dude. If it's important enough that you need to ask anonymous strangers for an answer, then it's important enough to write it so others can read and understand it.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:20 PM

I'm assuming you're in university on some sort of athletic scholarship?

How could you "not know" the $ was not yours? $3000 magically appears in your account, so you figure the poker fairy left it?

Obviously, the best response to the appearance of the poker fairy is to withdraw that money and party it away.

What else could you do?
Old 04-01-2007, 01:07 AM

As a former scholarship athlete I am very offended by your supposition about the OPs method of admission. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2007, 03:07 AM

ENGRISH [censored] DO YOU SPEAK IT?
Old 04-01-2007, 10:07 AM

This link will help you.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:25 AM

Id call this the longest run on sentence i have ever read, but there isn't even a period at the end of it.