Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: cold sores

[ QUOTE ]
because she hasn't touched anyone but me in going on 7 years and same for me (technically 5 years ago we were off and on a lot but it's not from then)

and rooming with means that her roommate sophomore year used to get bad outbreaks on her mouth, and my gf started getting them her junior or senior year. so i'm just guessing. but she's only gotten 3 cold sores in 4 years, but the last one was only 3 or 4 months ago. hope this doesn't mean they're going to be more recurrent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh, an interesting experiment would be for you to go to the doctor and get an IGG and IGM (a type of test) for the same strain she has. Odds are you've already been exposed to her specific virus but your body just doesn't care. Still best to avoid kissing her when she has an outbreak tho.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

because she hasn't touched anyone but me in going on 7 years and same for me (technically 5 years ago we were off and on a lot but it's not from then)

and rooming with means that her roommate sophomore year used to get bad outbreaks on her mouth, and my gf started getting them her junior or senior year. so i'm just guessing. but she's only gotten 3 cold sores in 4 years, but the last one was only 3 or 4 months ago. hope this doesn't mean they're going to be more recurrent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh, you most likely already have it.

Also, Herpes can not be transmitted (or the chance is very very low) from anything like toilet seats, shared forks, tractors, etc. It requires physical skin to skin contact.

ps. I've heard a lot of girls say "I don't have teh herp, gross, I just get cold sores once in a while". LOL
Old 03-31-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, Herpes can not be transmitted (or the chance is very very low) from anything like toilet seats, shared forks, tractors, etc. It requires physical skin to skin contact.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is complete baaalloooney. I know for a fact that you can get it from sharing cups.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ps. I've heard a lot of girls say "I don't have teh herp, gross, I just get cold sores once in a while". LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

This is retarded. The oral strain and genital strain are different and unlikely to crossover. Or did you not see that a majority of the population gets cold sores?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:31 PM

just call your doctor and ask him
Old 03-31-2007, 05:37 PM

Herpes labialis is an extremely common disease caused by infection of the mouth area with herpes simplex virus, most often type 1. Most Americans are infected with the type 1 virus by the age of 20.

The initial infection may cause no symptoms or mouth ulcers. The virus remains in the nerve tissue of the face. In some people, the virus reactivates and produces recurrent cold sores that are usually in the same area, but are not serious. Herpes virus type 2 usually causes genital herpes and infection of babies at birth (to infected mothers), but may also cause herpes labialis.

Herpes viruses are contagious. Contact may occur directly, or through contact with infected razors, towels, dishes, and other shared articles. Occasionally, oral-to-genital contact may spread oral herpes to the genitals (and vice versa). For this reason, people with active herpes lesions on or around the mouths or on the genitals should avoid oral sex.

Source
Old 03-31-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is retarded. The oral strain and genital strain are different and unlikely to crossover. Or did you not see that a majority of the population gets cold sores?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because it's Type 1 doesn't mean it's not teh herp.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:02 PM

Chances are she's had it forever, and now stress or something like that is triggering a flare up. This is not the end of the world. That said, I wouldn't recommend a BJ right now from her.

Also, relax. I might be reading into things a little too far, but I think your real concern is that you think your gal is messing around on you. Like I said above, she probably already had it, and something just made her have an outbreak.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The oral strain and genital strain are different and unlikely to crossover.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very interesting. Not very true, but very interesting.

HSV-1 tends to be oral and HSV-2 tends to be genital, but who the hell cares? You certainly can get either in either area. HSV-1 on your johnson isn't going to be a picnic.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because it's Type 1 doesn't mean it's not teh herp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because it's a type of herpes doesn't mean it's "teh herp."