Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Irritating office yambags

My dog can get annoying at times. My girlfriend too.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My dog can get annoying at times. My girlfriend too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but you CHOSE your dog, and, I would assume, your girlfriend. You can reasonably assess your culpability in their annoyance of your, uh, self.

The yambags (excellent term, btw) have been thrust upon you, and are merely to be tolerated from the perspective of a co-worker.

As a boss, I call it "wrangling."

Anyway, just ignore them. They don't really count.

You can't take this perspective with your dog or with your girlfriend.

If you do, you're probably just ignoring your own responsibility for having selected the offending parties in the first place.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:50 PM

I would say I'm annoyed by 4 of the 12 other people in our office. But those 4 are extremely annoying.

Person 1: She's just really rude for no reason. She's our HR/payroll/Accountant and so she sends out rude emails to everyone yelling about how she needs all our timesheets/expense reports, etc. done on time. She types words in LARGE UPPERCASE FONT in fun colors like pink, and blue, to get her point across.

Seriously, yo. This isn't f*cking myspace. Colored text is f*cking unprofessional in any industry. So is coming out of your office twice a month to come by and bug people.

Person 2: I work out of the office 3 days a week, but lately have been coming in to the office those three days to work extra. THis lady invariably comes by every "off-day" of mine for the last month so say "well...look who's here...this is becoming quite the habit..." OK LADY WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS 14 TIMES IN A ROW IT IS NO LONGER AN ANOMOLY! She also asks really dumb questions with no directive. She also asked me for like a month straight when my vacation was...then...I took it and was gone for a whole week, and when I came back she STILL asked when I was going to go on vacation. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Person 3: Always talking really loud. Thinks everyone wants to hear what he has to say. Always talking about politics and religion. WTF!? Generally, thinks he's really charming and funny but he really isn't.

Person 4: Lady who walks around fairly regulary in her barefeet (shes from East Texas), makes rude comments such as "watch yall dont hurt yalls gonads" when me and two co-workers were carrying heavy stuff. And "I love little black babies, they look better than the white ones." in front of one black guy and two white people. She's also said (to same black guy) "Your hair is starting to look like white folks hair." She told me I was going to hell at our Christmas party last year. She called the alcohol at the party "Devils Juice." She has also said that she makes all the money for the company (because she invoices). She has no college education and doesn't provide a profitable service. She's overhead. That comment was ABSURD. She also doesn't know how to talk. She routinely says "Verbably" for Verbally, "Might Can" for "Might/may be able to", and more that I just can't think of right now.

With all this said, I actually like her. She's always working hard and she's very "righteous". She's just so absurd that we sort of laugh about it and move on. She's one of those "doesn't know any better" types.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say I'm annoyed by 4 of the 12 other people in our office. But those 4 are extremely annoying.

Person 1: She's just really rude for no reason. She's our HR/payroll/Accountant and so she sends out rude emails to everyone yelling about how she needs all our timesheets/expense reports, etc. done on time. She types words in LARGE UPPERCASE FONT in fun colors like pink, and blue, to get her point across.

Seriously, yo. This isn't f*cking myspace. Colored text is f*cking unprofessional in any industry. So is coming out of your office twice a month to come by and bug people.

Person 2: I work out of the office 3 days a week, but lately have been coming in to the office those three days to work extra. THis lady invariably comes by every "off-day" of mine for the last month so say "well...look who's here...this is becoming quite the habit..." OK LADY WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS 14 TIMES IN A ROW IT IS NO LONGER AN ANOMOLY! She also asks really dumb questions with no directive. She also asked me for like a month straight when my vacation was...then...I took it and was gone for a whole week, and when I came back she STILL asked when I was going to go on vacation. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Person 3: Always talking really loud. Thinks everyone wants to hear what he has to say. Always talking about politics and religion. WTF!? Generally, thinks he's really charming and funny but he really isn't.

Person 4: Lady who walks around fairly regulary in her barefeet (shes from East Texas), makes rude comments such as "watch yall dont hurt yalls gonads" when me and two co-workers were carrying heavy stuff. And "I love little black babies, they look better than the white ones." in front of one black guy and two white people. She's also said (to same black guy) "Your hair is starting to look like white folks hair." She told me I was going to hell at our Christmas party last year. She called the alcohol at the party "Devils Juice." She has also said that she makes all the money for the company (because she invoices). She has no college education and doesn't provide a profitable service. She's overhead. That comment was ABSURD. She also doesn't know how to talk. She routinely says "Verbably" for Verbally, "Might Can" for "Might/may be able to", and more that I just can't think of right now.

With all this said, I actually like her. She's always working hard and she's very "righteous". She's just so absurd that we sort of laugh about it and move on. She's one of those "doesn't know any better" types.

[/ QUOTE ]

My honest-to-God opinion is that you pay way too much attention to these people.

When they ask you dumb questions (or ANY questions, for that matter), just slowly count to three in your head, then, without looking up, just say "I'm sorry--what?"

Do it every single time. They'll stop talking to you.

And don't even attend office parties. I would sooner peel the skin off the bottom of my feet and stand in a tub full of someone else's blood than go to office parties. Just say you'll be out of town.

As for Flannery O'Connor and her absurd racial commentary, I'd say "I have no idea what you're talking about" every time she said pretty much anything. Eventually, she'll get so tired of hearing you say that that she'll just stop...saying...things, hopefully.

"I actually like her??!"

Weird.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to post about the people in my office that upset me, but just thinking about it made me annoyed, so I decided that I won't and instead will enjoy the fact that they're both out today.

Fingernail Clipping in public is the worst though. Who thinks that is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, flossing is much worse. I've even had lunch with people who break out the floss and floss right there at the table when done eating. Ewwwwww, sweet jesus that's disgusting!
Old 03-31-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When they ask you dumb questions (or ANY questions, for that matter), just slowly count to three in your head, then, without looking up, just say "I'm sorry--what?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I will definitely try this. Actually I sort of did better than this on Wednesday. Person #2 came in and goes "Ohhh, are we going to have to have a talking-to?... This coming in the office is habitual..." with a smile...I just turned, and had absolutely no idea how to even respond or what the f*ck she even meant. I was literally at a loss for words so I just turned back to my monitor and kept working and I felt her presence behind me for about 3 more seconds before she just left.

Awesome.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she couldn't just give you a simple yes or no answer. she often times answered you in french or some other really stupid way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I truly hate people like that.

[ QUOTE ]
she would ... eat all the meat off of half the pizza, which was for everyone

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, this is disgusting and extremely selfish. Ties in pretty exactly with the kind of personality that answers you in another language or in stupid gobbledeygook. I've met the type. Whenever I hear their dating stories of how they were so tragically unappreciated or a guy just up and left for no reason, I think, yeah, who coulda seen that coming, b*tch?
Old 03-31-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I will definitely try this. Actually I sort of did better than this on Wednesday. Person #2 came in and goes "Ohhh, are we going to have to have a talking-to?... This coming in the office is habitual..." with a smile...I just turned, and had absolutely no idea how to even respond or what the f*ck she even meant. I was literally at a loss for words so I just turned back to my monitor and kept working and I felt her presence behind me for about 3 more seconds before she just left.

Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have snatched the pebble from my hand.

Go, now, Grasshopper.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After eating said yogurt, he CLIPS HIS FINGERNAILS AT HIS DESK. *clip*.....*clip-clip*...*clip*....*clip*....*clip*....

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG, this woman at my old job used to do this down the row from me like twice a week. I seriously wanted to murder her in cold blood, witnesses or not. The sound of people clipping their nails to me is like fingers down a chalkboard to others, it makes my toes curl.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM

Good god, I hate to bring this post back from the dead but Yambag #2 is currently:

Eating a peanut butter sandwich with about 1" of peanut butter in it, smacking the whole [censored] way...he sounds like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of its mouth.

In between this, he's open-mouth munching potato chips, to the point where the crunch echoes from his pudhole...

He is at his desk doing this.

And then I look down and he has his god damn mother-[censored] shoes off.

Tomorrow is his last day. Back to 1 yambag, thankfully