Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 10:04 AM

Default NL10 - Combo draw with 78s

Apologies for the linked conversion. No decent reads - only 7 hands on villain in the BB

http://www.pokerhand.org/?953625

My question is two-fold. Is this a raising hand pre-flop shorthanded? The reason I didn't is that every hand I raised was getting folded through and would only get called by premium pf hands which had a big equity edge over my looser range of raising hands.

Secondly given my equity with the OESD and flush draws is this a shove?
Old 03-31-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: NL10 - Combo draw with 78s

I like to raise my suited connectors in position because it helps you get action when you have big pairs and people will eventually start to play back at you, plus in a hand like this if you raise coming in, the guy is not puting you on 78s because people at these low stakes think every time you raise you have AA(or some other big pair), therefore a cbet will often take down the pot.
I like to shove over his raise in these situations. Hes shown some strength so most likey has paired the J at least maybe a bigger pair. If he has a FD, then oh well but many times you are going to be ahead/a coinflip with your 15 outs here.
Plus, since you are only getting action by people calling you with big pairs, this will help your table image if people see that you shoved with a FD/SD.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:46 AM

So CO minraised and you called OTB with 87s, that's fine as long as the blinds are reasonably passive. On the flop shoving is standard.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:03 AM

in 6 max im in for an raise if folded to me or not in at all.
you can call a series of limpers in front of you with hands that play well multiway - sc + lower pps but as a rule of thumb raise or dump it pf.
also youre in position (i think) pf so youre raising range ought to be looser - for me mid sc on the button is an easy open raise.

i prefer a shove here - due to his ministack its well worth just putting him all in, easy +ev says i.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in 6 max im in for an raise if folded to me or not in at all.
you can call a series of limpers in front of you with hands that play well multiway - sc + lower pps but as a rule of thumb raise or dump it pf.
also youre in position (i think) pf so youre raising range ought to be looser - for me mid sc on the button is an easy open raise.

i prefer a shove here - due to his ministack its well worth just putting him all in, easy +ev says i.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I read the hand wrong? I think CO open minraised.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:07 AM

Oh, I see. BTW, I recommend using the hand converter, it's a hell of a lot easier. Yeah, 87s is an easy open raise on the button.