Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Nice guys finish last

[ QUOTE ]
You are simple. You conflate factors that have nothing to do with one another, or that sometimes do, but don't necessarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you act surprised when people dont feel comfortable posting here?

Not to hijack just sayin..
Old 04-10-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a nice guy, and it has been two and a half years since my last intimate encounter with a woman. Until two months ago, it ate at me.

Then, I had an epiphany: women only succeed at weakening me. My life is significantly diminished by the influence and interaction with women.

As such, I have given up on dating, 100%. I cannot tell you how much better I'm sleeping. I highly recommend it, nice guys. Blow all of them off. They will only make you less than what you are. Leave them to their pettiness and their instability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best thing i've read today. You'll also notice them chasing you once you blow all of them off.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I have observed on campus and what I have learned from talking to friends at other schools and in the workplace, the only conclusion I can form is that many girls are just illogical, manipulative bitches.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was worth quoting after a month of inactivity. This is a great thread.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a nice guy, and it has been two and a half years since my last intimate encounter with a woman. Until two months ago, it ate at me.

Then, I had an epiphany: women only succeed at weakening me. My life is significantly diminished by the influence and interaction with women.

As such, I have given up on dating, 100%. I cannot tell you how much better I'm sleeping. I highly recommend it, nice guys. Blow all of them off. They will only make you less than what you are. Leave them to their pettiness and their instability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny post.
How come they succeed in weakening you? In what way are you weakened?
If your life is diminished through the interaction with women you have certainly been hanging around the wrong women.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:25 AM

Damn, so many different things are being mentioned here.
What are we really talking about?
Old 05-19-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, so many different things are being mentioned here.
What are we really talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go with whatever you want.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Funny post.
How come they succeed in weakening you? In what way are you weakened?
If your life is diminished through the interaction with women you have certainly been hanging around the wrong women.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't believe I saw this thread popping back up again. Anyway...to be frank, when I have been with women, my personality has always faded as time goes by. I find myself saying things I never thought I'd say and doing things I'd never thought I'd do. Furthermore, I especially didn't like feeling like I needed someone...it irritated me that I couldn't just turn it off.

As to the "hanging with the wrong women" statement, I have heard this one before, and it is not true. I have spent time with a kaleidoscope of women, and with rare exception, all of them cause me to act like a different person, which I don't like. Now...I am prepared to accept that this is something with me, and not the women, but the net result on my behavior is the same, no matter where the blame lies.

Besides, I have had only moderate success with women in my lifetime. I didn't date until I was 20, and have had only three girlfriends in the seven years since, and nothing longer than a year and three months. It's not like I'm one of these guys who has always dated, and it is part of who they are. Dating has always felt like something out-of-character for me...so it's not like I'm missing anything grand.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find myself saying things I never thought I'd say and doing things I'd never thought I'd do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonder if you would be willing to give us an example. I find this topic interesting.

I think dating in its early stages is horribly stressful. It's like you're going on an interview and you have to impress someone. I hate that.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find myself saying things I never thought I'd say and doing things I'd never thought I'd do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonder if you would be willing to give us an example. I find this topic interesting.

I think dating in its early stages is horribly stressful. It's like you're going on an interview and you have to impress someone. I hate that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh...I'm referring to basically anything that you say to get someone to go out with you, and to keep someone going out with you. It's like its own language, be it the overly supportive comments, the attempts to be seductive, or the horrible fights over nothing. It's as if dating reduces you to the intellectual level of a six-year-old, where logic always fails, and you start babbling like an idiot about how much you feel for someone, the things you'd do for this person, and how devastated you'd feel if they weren't there.

Like I said, I'm probably not very good at dating, and I'm probably saying a lot of things I shouldn't, but then again, I'm not a big fan of doing things that I am poor at doing.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Coffee, you alter yourself just to get a date and even to sustain a relationship.
Stop saying things you don't want said nor mean and be who you are.
You probably heard that one before as well but it doesn't make it any less true.
If women run away when you are being truthful to yourself then i repeat, you just haven't been with the right women.