Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 08:45 PM

Default should 2p2 be a pay site?

ive been thinking about it...and i think that 2p2...or at least the nlhe/lhe strategy forums should be paid for.....when poker was coming up a few yrs ago, it was a great forum for everyone to meet up and share poker strategies.....

but now everyones into it and now theres alot of sophisticated strategies floating around gained from yrs of experience...and i think a lot of ppl are learing the game at a "discounted" rate.......now when i started at the sst forums i had to put my work in to learn this game.....and while this site def helped in my dev as a good(fine!....okay) poker player...i still had to put in a lot of my own time to play/analyze my play.......

some of the advice we give on the nl/fl forums are worth thousands of dollars per month....and i think that everyone after a cut off number(ohhhhh...say 50k members) should pay for our experience and advice....

okayy....good talk..

edit: everyone after memeber 46889 should pay....
Old 03-30-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: should 2p2 be a pay site?

uhhh...no.

you, like everyone else, came here seeking advice and help. you got it, have earned thousands off it from the help of those before you. why cant you give back to the community, for the same help that you got for free?
Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 PM

I learnt almost everything from the 2p2 forums, books on SH NL are terrible. I in fact like helping out people who take advice on board etc. It just pisses me off when people (often nubs) who have obviously misplayed a hand to the nth degree defend their terrible play in the face of good, proven winners. Ban those people [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 09:04 PM

orange,

i totally see ur point...but as i was learning i dont feel i recieved as detailed explanitions as there are nowadays...and i continually give advice because of that notion(recieve and give back)....but
1. theres lurkers out there that provide nothing and im sure has gained something.....
2. i feel alotta of the good advice is given by the same ppl over and over......
Old 03-30-2007, 09:14 PM

well, thats the nice thing about poker, and all other things in life. you work hard, you get the results. you worked harder and you are a much better player because of it (than many other players).

1. you were a lurker once and you sure gained something i'm sure.

2. yes, thats because they want to give back to the community, enjoy discussing hands, etc. new generations of forum posters rise up every few months/years. alot of the ssnl guys from a few years ago all are in msnl now.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:19 PM

trsut me, just coming to this site doesnt make you a winner.