Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: 50NL: Deepish 2 pair faces resistance

Against unknown, I like the fold, especially since the only hands hes shown down have been monsters. If I was playing well I'd fold here, if I was tilted I'd call. I think hes gonna have the flush a lot.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:30 AM

defintely fold.

i think folding the flop is better you should be able to find better spots then this. you do not have anything invested and it smells like villian flopped a set
Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're still ahead to some hands he might bet this way, I highly suspect pair+diamond ones and he should slow down on the river, I would not call a big bet but might consider a small one, also you're still a bit deep so if you fill up and he has something you might get payed nicely.

Edit: I guess you can fold on the turn but that looks a bit weak to me and basically you're telling him he can run over you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but calling this turn is horrible esp for the reasons you said. You said the villian slow down if we call i seriously doubt it. How often does a stack this size with only that much left behind check or bet small on the river? Not very often and call because if you catch a 4 outer you will get stacked is awful by itself, but you may be drawing dead.

Folding this turn is letting him run over you and that is good because next time you will have a hand and villian will pay you thinking you will fold like always and it also gives you a tight image so you may be able to make a move later.

Folding is not only good because we are probably beat, but also for meta game.

Sorry if i sounded cruel here i just strongly disagree with your post and maybe i am way off in my thinking and if i am please let me know.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you played this hand correct despite the results. Note that playing hands correctly means sometimes you fold the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. I still think we are ahead vs enough of villains range to shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would give yourself more credit if you actually constructed a hand range. Thus far you are just giving your opinion, referring twice specifically to a mental hand range with which you don't seem to share.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
defintely fold.

i think folding the flop is better you should be able to find better spots then this. you do not have anything invested and it smells like villian flopped a set

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke, right? You fold to weak donkbets? It only smells like a big hand after he calls my pot sized raise and leads for pot. Until that point I have his range crushed. Afterwards I'm 50/50 WA/WB in a RIO situation. If I knew I had zero FE versus his range, OR If I knew I had a lot of FE versus his range- based on reads- I would raise this. However, since I have to assume readless he behaves normally, and will fold the hands I beat, and call the hands that crush me, I have to fold turn.

Interesing hand. Thanks for the advice.