Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: I need to generate some cash...pronto!

not much, 8 complexes on my street.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose a job is out of the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. Where did you get that idea? Especially a job that pays immediate cash and not a check in two weeks. Any ideas about who to approach, what kind of employers or work can be had for immediate renumeration in exchange for a good days work would be great. I have a few of my own but I'm not one of those people who thinks they know everything so suggestions are welcome.

Thanks to the other posters for their contributions. Maybe some others will pipe up as well...I'm sure I'm not the only one in a fix at the moment.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't pipe up with suggestions to rob banks or become a prostitute.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rob a prostitute? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Honestly, I don't think you're going to find any get-rich-quick type of info around here. At least not any that works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not "get rick quick" info or "make a million with three clicks of your mouse" schemes. Getting poor at the moment would be a distinct inprovement. Though I fully expect this to be a temporary situation.

I'm ruling out begging to get staked or something like that since I don't think such agreements are very wise, particularly for the investor.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:32 PM

it sounds as thought you are very much in need of instant/immediate funds. whatever you do will need some sort of gamble if it's needed this instant.
gl
Old 04-04-2007, 12:45 AM

racetrack FTW
Old 04-04-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to apartment complexes or condos and get aluminum cans. Pays 52 cents a pound here in FL. One of my friends did this and I helped. He made 200 bucks for the week. That is a hell of a lot of cans. He would not take a loan from me.

Hit garage sales and buy stuff super cheap...resell on ebay. Look for cheap cars in the classifieds and check out what they bring on ebay in similar condition..."Auto flipping?" I've done this with a 1994 Lexus SC400 bought for 3,000, drove it for a while and when I needed some cash sold it on ebay for 6200. Just don't sell more than two cars a month or the state will hassle you about getting a dealer's permit.

Go to garage sales that have designer kids clothes. If the parents aren't going to have any more kids, then you should be able to pick up the clothes for cheap. Resell on ebay.

get rid of anything you can live without and have your own garage sale. Rent a small spot at a flea market and you can get a bit more for your garage sale items. If you sell the items cheap enough you should be able to sell out the other vendors and not be there too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought that there were some good things in here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 AM

Get yourself a premium phone line and go knocking on doors. Tell them you have broken down and ask if you can use their phone to call for assistance. Once you get the phone you call your own premium phone number and stay on the line for 5 - 10 mins. A days work can mount up!!

And no I have never done this!!

LHH
Old 04-04-2007, 03:29 PM

Thanks Joker

I am currently writing an ebook on how to make cash in ways that I describe above.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose a job is out of the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. Where did you get that idea? Especially a job that pays immediate cash and not a check in two weeks. Any ideas about who to approach, what kind of employers or work can be had for immediate renumeration in exchange for a good days work would be great. I have a few of my own but I'm not one of those people who thinks they know everything so suggestions are welcome.

Thanks to the other posters for their contributions. Maybe some others will pipe up as well...I'm sure I'm not the only one in a fix at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you need immediate cash, get a job as a bartender or waiter. $100-$300 cash every day, depending on location.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:26 PM

Do you not have a job now and need to pay bills. I like the whole bar tending and waitering. The only thing with waitering I believe that some places puts your tips on your check or something like that. How about delivering pizzas.