Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Another Gem from LBK

SRugby is okay, but got eat up on HSP last week. His physical tells were off the chart!!! He has some improving to do in that area. Negreanu fed him the rope to let him hang himself. We must not have been watching the same show.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:36 PM

So are these like online guys? Just asking, I really don't know.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SRugby is okay, but got eat up on HSP last week. His physical tells were off the chart!!! He has some improving to do in that area. Negreanu fed him the rope to let him hang himself. We must not have been watching the same show.

[/ QUOTE ]

negranu said in his own blog after it was filmed that he played sub-par and ran very well. also its like the tiniest sample ever anyway, like 2 nights of play or something. If i remember right negreanu said something about one table (at which he and JDags were the only TV pros) being the toughest cash game table hes ever heard of, much less sat at. It may have been Jdags that said that though im not 100% certain.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:41 PM

JDags is solid, I like his game. Wasicka has a sweet game as well.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:44 PM

The group I first sat down with wasn't all that tough, but in the night session it was absolutely as tough as nails:

Seat 1: Daniel Negreanu
Seat 2: Patrick Antonious
Seat 3: Brad Booth (tough, tough, cash game player)
Seat 4: David Benyamine
Seat 5: Antonio Esfandiari
Seat 6: Phil Ivey
Seat 7: John D'Agostino
Seat 8: "Rugby" some awesome online player

There was no weak spot in this game at all. It was a far cry from the lineup scheduled for day two. No disrespect to those players, but it was a much softer lineup headed up by Jamie Gold, Eli Elezra, Sammy Farha, Victor Ramdin, etc.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:48 PM

Ramdin and Gold got crushed in that game. Gold got welcomed to the big leagues by the godfather of Poka!!! I loved that episode.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The big game is 2k/4k, 4k/8k during the series. And i think its NL capped though im not sure about this. So im pretty sure none of them have ever played 4k/8k.

[/ QUOTE ]

4k/8k is limit games, durrrr doesn't really play limit

the big game nl is a 1k/2k 100k cap crapshoot garbage game

durrrr is likely at worst the 3rd or 4th best NL player in the world right now, only PA, aba standout as potentially better

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would pick Aba, Durr, PA over Doyle, Ivey, Negranue in a LIVE NL game?

I have no doubt there the best on the internet I just dont think they would match up in a live game vs a seasoned live player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude blunty give it up this thread is a bloodbath. Durrr>>>>>>>>>>>d oyle in NLHE as well as Aba, PA, Ivey, Jman being a lot better than doyle even in a live game. I think you're overrating physical tells. Betting patterns are far more important, as long as you don't have some ridiculous live tell e.g. Jeniffer Tilly's [censored] going out of control.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the opposite is true, Its the little tells that people like doyle would pick up on that would give the game to them. Obviously all those players wouldnt have any type of discernable betting pattern that the others could pickup on and skills wise they are more or less evenly matched, at those stakes I dont think there is a big seperation in skills period. So I think the live tells would be what really separates them, and while doyle could pick up on those with ease, the internet players wouldnt even know how to start hiding theirs. And anyone who doesnt think live tells play a huge part in live cash game poker, has never played any meaningfull live cash games.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:52 PM

blunty- i think the part we disagree on is that i believe there to be a significant skill difference in deep-stacked NLHE between most of those players and Doyle Brunson. Although i dont mean to single him out, i think they are better than almost all TV pros tbh

edit: although we are obv only theorizing due to lack of personal experience with any of the players.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:53 PM

also PA for sure and i think Jman have enough live experience to not be tellboxes.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blunty- i think the part we disagree on is that i believe there to be a significant skill difference in deep-stacked NLHE between most of those players and Doyle Brunson. Although i dont mean to single him out, i think they are better than almost all TV pros tbh

[/ QUOTE ]

When the big game was going regulerly players like Barry G. stated that all the regulers pretty much balanced each other out and the money at the table was made from 1 or 2 fish that decided to take shots. Meaning there was really not much seperation in skills betwean all those top players.