Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 01:06 AM

Default My Display Doesn\'t Fit!

I just purchased a Samsung 226BW, advertised with a max resolution of 1680x1050 (16:10). When I set the monitor to this resolution, the pixels seemed to be stretched out very wide, making much of the screen fall of to the side.

As I move my mouse to the edge of the monitor, I can scroll to see the rest of the screen. There is also a very slight amount of vertical scroll.

The only resolution I was able to fit to the screen was 1280x1024, which naturally still stretched things so wide it made my eyes hurt. For some reason when I try to go back to that resolution now, that doesn't even fit!

Some additional info:
-When I view my monitor's OSD, it says resolution is 1280x1024, regardless of what my display settings are.
-This is hooked up to a widescreen laptop, which I believe had been set to 1280x800. It's on single-screen display now for the Samsung.

Any help or leads to other advice would be appreciated!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: My Display Doesn\'t Fit!

If you haven't already, I'd have a play around with the resolution settings of the external monitor. I sounds to me like your PC is displaying the wrong resolution to the 2nd monitor.

I'm not sure where you find this setting, but if you have Intel graphics like me: Right click on the desktop to get Display Properties, click the Settings tab, and have a play around there.

Is the size you bought big enough to 4 table at Tilt without overlap? I'm thinking about buying one and I was gonna go for 1600 x 1200, but if the one you bought does it I'll got for that.