Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Anyone play Eve-Online? [MMO]

It looks like the biggest battle ever is set to go down tonight starting around 20:40 EVE time (in less than 2 hours).

The battle is over a Band of Brothers capital ship construction site which is coming out of reinforced status tonight. I'm not too clear on the implications of that, but I think it means that the Coalition has a chance to destroy the stations at that time.

These forces are expected to go into battle:
200-300 capital ships total
Anywhere from 2-7 Titans
Anywhere from 5-25 Motherships
5-10 Support fleets, in the numbers of at least 100 each.

Unfortunately it is doubtful that the servers can handle such a battle.

But it'll be interesting to see who is left standing after the dust settles.

The battle is supposed to be in a system called 'f-t'. That means that it's probably F-TVAP in Stain or F-TE1T in Delve.

Are any of you guys in a corp taking part in the war?

Edit: It's in F-TE1T in Delve. There are 266 pilots in that system now. There are 0 in F-TVAP.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:21 AM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=477858
and http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=499356

appear to be the most succinct posts on the subject of the BOB war...

in another part of the galaxy, here's a write up of an op I was in: http://www.ituroncavalry.com/forums/...er-t21446.html

still finding it humorous i'm being called 2p2's first pirate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 05:20 PM

pirate.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:06 PM

THREAD CAT > this game angers and confuses thread cat :,(
Old 03-30-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THREAD CAT > this game angers and confuses thread cat :,(

[/ QUOTE ]

SOON THREAD CAT WILL CONTROL THE UNIVERSE
Old 04-04-2007, 01:19 AM

How exposed are you to risk of being PVPed if you are doing missions in 0.4? I was attacked twice in two days when ratting in 0.4 back in January, and I'm wondering if missioning is safer due to the relative difficulty in finding me. The only level 3 combat-oriented agent I have enough standing to access is in 0.4 on the edge of empire space (Hyseria in The Citadel).

Also, if/when I ever do get access to the single combat-oriented level 4 mission agent (Ahanen in U4-Q2V) in the corp I'm farming (Expert Distribution), how possible is it for me to run missions there? Whatever the heck U4-Q2V is, it sounds like 0.0 space. Should I assume I'll have to ally with the guild who controls that region to get access?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:22 AM

U4-Q2V is in Syndicate. And you're right - it is in 0.0. When I go to empire space I have to go through Syndicate and there are always pirates gate camping. Especially in the system closest to empire (at the Orvolle/PF-346 gate in my case). But if you look at U4-Q2V on the map browser, it seems fairly quiet.

Get in a jump clone without implants and fly a shuttle out there and have a look. Then if you get podded, you'll only lose 7-9K ISK.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:11 AM

Syndicate is like pirate central in eve. If there was one region i wouldn't run lowsec missions into that would probably be it.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How exposed are you to risk of being PVPed if you are doing missions in 0.4? I was attacked twice in two days when ratting in 0.4 back in January, and I'm wondering if missioning is safer due to the relative difficulty in finding me. The only level 3 combat-oriented agent I have enough standing to access is in 0.4 on the edge of empire space (Hyseria in The Citadel).

[/ QUOTE ]

I made the move to low-sec space a while back due to annoying overpopulation in the high sec systems with good lvl 4 agents. I'm in a 0.3 system about fifteen jumps away from Jita, so it's not too remote in terms of getting back to selling/buying stuff.

The pirate risk is significant, but not too out of control in my experience. In three weeks of running lvl 4 missions I have gotten my ship blown up twice by pirates. The first time was totally my fault, as I lingered too long on a lvl 4 mission, working on salvaging ships as I went and not monitoring local nearly enough. It was also at 3AM so I figured I'd be safe...but a persistent pirate managed to probe me out and kill me (but I got his support ship!). The second kill was due to a gate camp by a rather active pirate group I often see around these parts. I managed to outrun them a few times but they had camps at all the gates of the surrounding systems so ultimately I met my demise.

All in all I think it's worth the extra risk considering the lack of lag and the higher LP rewards (I get about 10K LPs per mission now, and my connections skills are only at lvl 4 so far). Just be mindful of the local channel and run quicker missions so there's less of a chance of gankers probing you out.

Swede
Old 04-04-2007, 02:23 PM

So I guess I should be looking at changing which NPC corp I farm for standing, to one where the level 4's might be more doable.

Or more logical, join a guild that has some area of 0.0 secured, and then work towards agent(s) within that area.