Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Disable post count.

Seriously Rune, people don't make those posts to bump their post count; they make them because they have something to say. They might not have a lot to say, but they are still trying to contribute to the thread. The post count counter has nothing to do with it. Even in this thread, the people typing "postcount+" don't actually care about their post count, they're just mocking you.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously Rune, people don't make those posts to bump their post count; they make them because they have something to say. They might not have a lot to say, but they are still trying to contribute to the thread. The post count counter has nothing to do with it. Even in this thread, the people typing "postcount+" don't actually care about their post count, they're just mocking you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think disabling post count won't help get rid of some of the noise then I agree there's no reason to disable it.

And of course the people in this thread who're doing it is just mocking me, that's fine. (though it kinda went old after the first one, no?)

I just posted this little sugestion because I was tired of reading post where people quoted everything which was said before in the thread and then added nothing of their own. I though the only reason people were doing that was to get more post in. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I can't understand why someone thinks posting lol or QFT in a thread is intersting for anyone to read. Oh well.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:09 AM

^^almost everyone on 2+2 posts because they like interacting with people on topics they find interesting...we all want to add our own bits even if they don't mean much...it keeps it going...

also, a lot of us prolly don't mind "noise" or we can filter it out if it becomes excessive...i hope u see that we're all just having fun in this thread and in general...
Old 03-30-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(though it kinda went old after the first one, no?)

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 03-30-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
^^almost everyone on 2+2 posts because they like interacting with people on topics they find interesting...we all want to add our own bits even if they don't mean much...it keeps it going...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not talking about pointless, but funny posts like some of the posts in this thread, I'm talking about the posts that are just completely meaningless (again, "lol", "qft", somtimes just quoting without adding anything?). So it's not like I'm saying you shouldn't post unless you have something very insightful to add.

[ QUOTE ]

also, a lot of us prolly don't mind "noise" or we can filter it out if it becomes excessive...i hope u see that we're all just having fun in this thread and in general...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I don't mind the 'mocking' post in this thread at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 10:43 AM

Rune,

[ QUOTE ]
I'm talking about the posts that are just completely meaningless (again, "lol", "qft", somtimes just quoting without adding anything?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Removing post count wouldn't impact the number of those types of posts. It is worth noting that those types of posts do not appear in all forums. Some of the forums have a higher signal to noise ratio than others.

Besides, everyone knows that the fastest way to run up your post count, is to join in a werewolf game in POG.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rune,

[ QUOTE ]
I'm talking about the posts that are just completely meaningless (again, "lol", "qft", somtimes just quoting without adding anything?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Removing post count wouldn't impact the number of those types of posts. It is worth noting that those types of posts do not appear in all forums. Some of the forums have a higher signal to noise ratio than others.

Besides, everyone knows that the fastest way to run up your post count, is to join in a werewolf game in POG.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, those poggers all have a sick amount of posts...also, in a lot of forums like bbv and foot, there's going to be a lot more noise than in other ones, so it depeends where u read...
Old 03-30-2007, 10:51 AM

Also be happy you are in the exclusive club of people that post with their real name as screenname, that's much more exclusive than high post count [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
Old 03-30-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 03-30-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even in this thread, the people typing "postcount+" don't actually care about their post count, they're just mocking you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] not true. I <3 my postcount.