Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Official EPT Monte Carlo thread

LOL @ the guy who said Patrick will only bet his bad hands and check behind his good hands.

I want to hear what Adam has to say because I still hate this hand and it makes me angry. Especially the preflop flat clal.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
however i am in the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] junglen camp because I too have made my share of ridiculous calls in significant tournaments, and facing that spot, the courage to make that call when you feel like you're ahead shows a lot about one's character and confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can say that it was a sick-ass call, that he deserves major props for it, that you feel horrible for how he must feel, AND that you dont necessarily agree with the call at the same time. at least that describes how i feel.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:09 AM

I love adam, he's my hero, he's a sick tourney player, he's fearless. I hope he doesn't explain his thought process/reasoning to anyone [censored] ripping on him. He was at the table playing for hours with patrik. He took in all of the information thrown at him, he was the one that made the decision. Deepstacked poker, especially live can get deeper and more complex than hand ranges/equity, he can be 100% sure he had patrik beat. He got it in ahead. He got sucked out on. F everyone. The hand played itself and that sometimes happens when 2 good players battle. You can't analyze a hand completely unless you were actually in the person's exact scenario. Nice Job Adam. Please don't explain the hand. Your going to have your big live tourney score soon enough man, soon enough.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ the guy who said Patrick will only bet his bad hands and check behind his good hands.

I want to hear what Adam has to say because I still hate this hand and it makes me angry. Especially the preflop flat clal.

[/ QUOTE ]

i woudnt say the hand makes me 'angry', but i would like to hear AJ's reasoning on it, as i am not so much a fan of his PF action
Old 03-30-2007, 04:14 AM

I think preflop is great and that postflop is what needs to be considered as 'bad.' Patrik's range for 4betting there is huge and adam was planning on shoving basically any flop.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i woudnt say the hand makes me 'angry', but i would like to hear AJ's reasoning on it, as i am not so much a fan of his PF action

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on the pf action. Although you can't 5bet and have patrik make a mistake because he's pot committed to call with his AJ, and patrik never pushes worse than AJ/maybe fold better as i'm pretty sure his 4bet range is more leaning towards the extremes "AA/KK/35os" and obv adam narrowed his range down more by the scared flop bet.

oh ye
Beat: saw you posted and expected a recap of our 5-10 live PLO session vs the eurodonks.

obv this is stealthmunk posting on deuce2high's laptop.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:45 AM

I love Adam but udghbsrdugfhsrhgwsfaef

Adam,

Does this mean you can introduce people to Patrik now? PLSSSSS
Old 03-30-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Adam but udghbsrdugfhsrhgwsfaef

Adam,

Does this mean you can introduce people to Patrik now? PLSSSSS

[/ QUOTE ]

this would involve me being adam's friend just so I can be Patrik's friend... gosh networking is hard.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:10 AM

Anybody can image Antonius shoving the flop with total air like 67 e.g. just because he thinks he has enough fold equity?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He was at the table playing for hours with patrik. He took in all of the information thrown at him, he was the one that made the decision. Deepstacked poker, especially live can get deeper and more complex than hand ranges/equity, he can be 100% sure he had patrik beat. He got it in ahead. He got sucked out on. F everyone. The hand played itself and that sometimes happens when 2 good players battle. You can't analyze a hand completely unless you were actually in the person's exact scenario. Nice Job Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know Adam from Adam but this seems right to me.
I also don't think his comments were arrogant.
I don't know whether the call was +EV or not, but if he thought so that's good by me.
I don't know if the whole line is 'wise' but it's a sick line and, to me, with my miniscule understanding of deepstack big buyin MTT poker, pf is brilliant because it is creates the flop action. The point of the pf call is to get Antonius to put his whole stack on the line, which he does. I wouldn't risk my whole big stack on marginal edge like this, but I'm never going to be a great MTT player.

I don't think what he said afterwards was arrogant.

I also think there is a metalife issue here. He gets in way ahead agaisnt the hottest player in the world at the moment. If he doesn't get sucked out on, it's unbelievably sick and cool and worth so much more than the result: in the same way that there are beautiful goals, putts, strokes or whatever in other sports that are risky to attempt but just unbelievably cool to pull off.