Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 03:17 AM

Default A couple 8/16 hands from todays session (canterbury)

Good tables today, played solid, ran bad and lost : /

Hand 1-

UTG-Calls, MP2 Calls, Hero Raises, Cutoff Calls, UTG,MP2 call

8-1 going to the flop Hero holds Kc Ks

Flop:
AdJdAc

UTG Bets (Utg is a tight and passive player, he rarerly raises PF, saw him raise twice in 4 hours, and he seems Very ABC postflop)

MP2 Calls (MP2 is a some between SLAA and LAA if he had a hand he would most likely raiase here so I put him on a draw)

Given the reads whats the heros line?

Hand 2-

Hero is Button w/ AsJx Hero is PF raiser

Hero is getting 14-1 on a 5s 6s 3c board after EP bets and everyone in front calls.

Hero??
Old 03-30-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: A couple 8/16 hands from todays session (canterbury)

These are more of guesses than suggestions, but here goes:

Hand 1: Fold. This hand has just begun, and you already appear to be demolished. If he has an ace, you're going to end up putting in at least 2.5 more BB, and right now you've only invested 1. Even if your hand is currently good, you're probably up against a draw which you may then lose to.

Hand 2: Why would we do anything other than call? You won't get any pairs (even 93) off their hands at this point. You have the BDFD, and anyone with any spade will call at least 1 river bet even if the pot goes stone cold. But since you're hand sucks, I can't imagine why you'd raise here either.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:08 AM

Muck both on flop
Old 03-30-2007, 11:00 AM

Hand 1- Whenever I sit, down in a live game, the first thing I try and sort out, is which players to pay off, and wheich players to not pay off. It sounds like the villian here, is one of the guys who you don't pay off, so I fold. You are probably drawing to two outs, AT BEST.

Hand 2- You are getting 14-1 in a multiway pot, your backdoor flush draw alone, probably justifies calling here, and either of your two overcards, might be good. I peel here, and worry about the turn seperately.

I think I have a new rule for Canterbury. On tuesday morning, I played in what had to be the worst game ever, me and 8 old white guys. Lots of hands settled preflop, and we hardly ever saw the turn. So my rule is, Don't play in games with 8 and a half white guys.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:08 PM

Hand 1-With your read on UTG being so tight and passive and hasn't raised in a long time, mucking wouldn't be bad here. Or you can play it more agg and raise here. This could call for the ole either raise or fold, don't just call.

Hand 2- 2 overs, a BD flush draw ans the pot is getting big. At first I was going to say fold because of the somewhat coordinated board, but I think take a card and dump UI on the turn is a good line here.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:40 PM

Hand 1- Fold, with a next best being raise to find out where your at, and auto folding to further aggression (but given read and action, fold is clearly best) against unks, i raise easy...

Hand 2-you can peel one, but im not peeling more, and im sure as hell not calling any raises, your Ace is dirty here about 3/4 of the time too....you need to spike your backdoor draw, 2 pr, or maybe a jack to be good...
its a close one, even in this big pot, because i think our outs have to be heavily discounted, the back door is obviously safe....
peel and fold, but im not raising if you spike the Ace because i think we get 3 bet often and that sucks hard.