Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2006, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Official Snowball Tourn. Thread

Just out of interest we'd be interested to hear peoples views on the Deal Making Feature, particularly if you were involved in it or have been in other tournaments...

We were given an option to add it and we thought we'd try it since it is a touch closer to reality.

On the issue of no shows, before anyone asks, we got more complaints last time from the people who wanted to play but hadn't sent in a request for registration, that we needed to revert to this format. We are hoping Party can adjust the system such that we can register everyone who qualified, but only those who turn up get seated.
This is possible at a couple of networks...but if Party will implement it...who knows?

All the best

Jess

jessica@raketherake.com
Old 02-19-2006, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of interest we'd be interested to hear peoples views on the Deal Making Feature, particularly if you were involved in it or have been in other tournaments...

We were given an option to add it and we thought we'd try it since it is a touch closer to reality.

On the issue of no shows, before anyone asks, we got more complaints last time from the people who wanted to play but hadn't sent in a request for registration, that we needed to revert to this format. We are hoping Party can adjust the system such that we can register everyone who qualified, but only those who turn up get seated.
This is possible at a couple of networks...but if Party will implement it...who knows?

All the best

Jess

jessica@raketherake.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey jess,

The deals are up to the people at the final table so it's ultimately up to the people there.

However, the people at the final table seem to not understand deals. The short stacks keep demanding more money because: "We can only go up, you big stacks can only go down."

Not true. But giving you more money than your equity actually is, you're going up and since you're short, you're only going to go down lol.

Either way great tourney.

(btw jess, check out this thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4785672
"
Old 02-20-2006, 02:45 AM

So are you Bags?

If so, I'll take an unofficial thank-you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I was at the final table, and was one of the "unknown 2" that killed the first deal. After we turned it down (unbeknownst to everyone else at the table), I believe you got a couple hundred more in the 2nd deal.

I just felt that the guy that was in 2nd during the first deal-making process (Tocman, or something like that) was pushing a load of crap. He certainly didn't have 2nd place anywhere CLOSE to being locked up, and wanted almost 2nd place money with 9 of us left. So, my buddy and I killed the deal. Ended up costing both of us $30, but I felt the 2nd deal was much more fair for everyone.

Anyway, congrats, and nice playing with you.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:49 AM

Jess,

I thought everything worked out great (especially since me and my buddy both made the final table). The deal-making feature is nice...the only thing I'd change (and you touched on this briefly), is the no-show policy.

I was at a table that had 3 people for the first hour or so. Don't get me wrong, we all took advantage of it, but obviously this isn't fair to everyone. Hopefully, Party can implement some change to their policy to fix this.

Other than that, thanks for a great tourney, and keep up the great work!
Old 02-20-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So are you Bags?

If so, I'll take an unofficial thank-you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I was at the final table, and was one of the "unknown 2" that killed the first deal. After we turned it down (unbeknownst to everyone else at the table), I believe you got a couple hundred more in the 2nd deal.

I just felt that the guy that was in 2nd during the first deal-making process (Tocman, or something like that) was pushing a load of crap. He certainly didn't have 2nd place anywhere CLOSE to being locked up, and wanted almost 2nd place money with 9 of us left. So, my buddy and I killed the deal. Ended up costing both of us $30, but I felt the 2nd deal was much more fair for everyone.

Anyway, congrats, and nice playing with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not Bags. I was happy with both my offers in the deal but Bags should have whined less. A short stack really shouldn't have much say in anything because he has so little equity of the prize pool.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jess,

I thought everything worked out great (especially since me and my buddy both made the final table). The deal-making feature is nice...the only thing I'd change (and you touched on this briefly), is the no-show policy.

I was at a table that had 3 people for the first hour or so. Don't get me wrong, we all took advantage of it, but obviously this isn't fair to everyone. Hopefully, Party can implement some change to their policy to fix this.

Other than that, thanks for a great tourney, and keep up the great work!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no reason to complain about the no showings of people. Why would you complain when free chips are given to you? Would you rather have tough competition throughout that ends up costing you money?

The funny thing was when before the field was cut down to to the top 20 (top 20 paid out) there would be medium/big stacks going at it when half the table was on auto fold. What's wrong these people? lol
Old 02-20-2006, 07:26 AM

I have ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with free chips...because I'm the one that got them THIS TIME. What I would have a problem with is an individual getting seated at a table with 9 no-shows (not far-fetched as my buddy was at a table with 7). Assuming a low table-draw (where your table wouldn't break for quite some time), someone could theoretically start with 30000 chips uncontested.

Again, free chips aren't a problem, but I'm confident enough in my game to take on live players...as long as everyone else has to do the same.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:49 PM

Nevermind. Just figured out who you were. I was the guy to your right.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:02 PM

Thanks Guys

there's no simple solution to the no-shows......

Choice 1)
We email all players who qualified - we instruct them to let us know if they intend to play - we set deadline for replies and send final list to Party 4 days before tournament (needs to be that far ahead)
Downside- Players complain they never got the email, or that they did get it and sent a reply but we never received it
Result - Unhappy players writing nasty things about the scheme in threads

Option 2)
Enter everyone who qualified automatically and let them turn up or not (as per yesterday)
Downside - Empty seats (however we believe as the scheme gets bigger and the prizes better the percentage of no shows will decreas)
Result - Unhappy players claiming they were disadvantaged and posting not quite as nasty things about the scheme.

We cannot do the Password method as all it would take is for one person to release it and Boom!

The solution is for Party to alter their software ins someway. We enter all players and when the tournament is about to start you are given 5 minutes to take your seat and maybe 5 minutes grace once it has started in case you're late home...after that you are simply removed.

I think Absolute run something like that...

If anyone is aware of any alternate method for tournaments that Party have then please let us know.

regards

Jess

jessica@raketherake.com