Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Another \"how much do I have to call?\" post

It's a murky situation, and I understand not pushing it in the face of a whole table telling you to get on with it. But you should note that the player himself never answered your question.

As people weren't understanding you, why didn't you say, "I saw him buy chips. Have those arrived yet?"
Old 03-29-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Another \"how much do I have to call?\" post

"How much is the bet?" or "How much is it to me?" But yeah, I don't think there should have been any doubt what the question was or what the correct answer should have been. It's pretty bad that you asked three times and never got the real answer. And it's certainly possible the dealer forgot about the $200 behind and answered incorrectly, and when he found out otherwise decided to cover his rump.

I also get a little hot sometimes when the floor summarily answers "I'm backing my dealer". Then...why do we have YOU? You are there to figure out what really happened and do the right thing, not to just in any difficult situation say "I have to back my dealer." 'Course in a he-said, he-said situation where it's just you and the dealer and nobody else at the table claims to know otherwise, the floor has little choice. If you can't get anybody at the table to back you up and the dealer is gonna flat state otherwise, you're kinda screwed.

Worst of all, though, is that you called with AQ on a Jxx board. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]