Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Blog - Movie Reviews

I'm thinking of starting to write a blog consisting of reviews of new movie releases. Two questions that come to mind right away:

1) What would be better, general Adsense ads or targeted affiliate referral ads (such as Netflix)?

2) If I get lazy sometimes and don't feel like writing my own reviews, is it legal for me to just copy and paste articles from another site (as long as I cite the source)? Or can I at least do something like Rotten Tomatoes does, quoting a line or two from critics' reviews? Or do I have to compensate these authors to use their articles in any way, even though their articles are easily and freely accessible online?

Obviously I'm entering a pretty saturated market, but I'm going in with low expectations, so no worries. You never know, maybe I can find a valuable niche or something. As always, I'd appreciate any other comments or areas of concern that come to mind...
Old 03-29-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Blog - Movie Reviews

Yea I think your expectations are right on. Try a blog about restaurant reviews. You can eat fancy, keep the receipts and call them business expenses. This is what I do in Fort Myers, though I haven't put up anything on my blog yet.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 PM

Excellent idea on the restaraunt review idea.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:39 PM

I also have a blog on Micro Brews. My two favorite things eating and beer. Going to stay away from my hot chick review. Don't think that would be too good. "Yes I went out with Kathy the other night she does oral and most all positions but doesn't do anal. I'll give her a C- for no anal and only B size cups." Then post two pics...one regular and one naked.