Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: I wish I knew how to quit you Lost - Season 3

[ QUOTE ]
i watched it, it was alright

people just suck. people want a show like LOST to just deliver gold every week and if it doesn't they will run to message boards posting about how they hate the show.

i dunno what more to say except i hate people. they are the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good post, i agree completely.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:18 PM

For Eurotrash...

Old 03-29-2007, 02:22 PM

last nights episode was [censored] terrible, complete drivel, and offered nothing to the story. I went into last night thinking it was going to be a kick ass episode, with Lock and his father...
Old 03-29-2007, 04:52 PM

I think this show would be great without the flashbacks. For the most part, they suck. I think the writers are stalling. I quit watching every week, but it still records on my DVR, so I'll catch up about once a month.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:15 PM

I watched Season 1 and 2 on DVD and nearly every episode was great. Not a single episode from the first 2 seasons sucked half as bad as several of the episodes from this season. Essentially the first 6 or 7 episodes (until the Desmond flashback episode) this season were all, without exception, below average relative to seasons 1 and 2. Or maybe it's just the damn commercials.

That said, it's much better now that they got away from the Others.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched Season 1 and 2 on DVD and nearly every episode was great. Not a single episode from the first 2 seasons sucked half as bad as several of the episodes from this season. Essentially the first 6 or 7 episodes (until the Desmond flashback episode) this season were all, without exception, below average relative to seasons 1 and 2. Or maybe it's just the damn commercials.

That said, it's much better now that they got away from the Others.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt like the Jack episode when he was first captured and being interogated by Juliete? i really like that one...plus i thought the Locke episode with the airport dream was cool..cept the whole fighting the polar bear was kinda gay
Old 03-29-2007, 05:51 PM

I don't watch many television shows with regularity. But Lost is one that captured my imagination in season one. It combined quite a few things that sparked my fears/curiosity.

1) Plane crash.
2) Being standed on a (deserted?) island.
3) Fear of the unknown - polar bear? smoke monster?
4) Psychology of the different personalities clashing.

I was drawn in by the strange way that nobody seemed frightened anymore after a few days. How people didn't gather together, rather kept things from eachother. Mostly how quickly everyone gave up on being rescued. Were they all so deeply into their own dramas?

Fast forward to present...

I am a little lost. Maybe I don't want some of the questions to be answered. Maybe it is like when something you are really attracted to in a girl at first - - - winds up pushing you away later.

Like this last episode and the old worn out "spider bite/temporary paralysis/buried alive/blah blah."

The charm has worn off.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:05 PM

Shows are always wayyy better on DVD... that's how I get into them, but then I get excited and follow along on TV, where you expect too much from a single episode, and notice every little detail.

AND TO THE GUY WHO SAID THERE WERE BAD EPISODES OF SEINFELD: YOU ARE A DONKEY AND IF YOU ARE BEATING THE RAKE I WILL CUT WRISTS RIGHT NOW.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:10 PM

I stopped watching after the break in season 3. Just lost total interest in the show. The episodes I watched earlier in the season were good awful.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:11 PM

The Lost writers need to stop adding characters just to kill them off pointlessly. Tail section characters were essentially useless (the same could be said of the entire second season which easily could've been boiled down to three or four episodes) and are all dead now. Bernard doesn't count because we've honestly seen more of Shannon and Boone this season than we've seen Rose and Bernard. Nikki and Paolo served absolutely NO purpose unless the Lost characters having an Others' radio is going to be absolutely pivotal to the plot. And even then it could've been added in a better way (find it at Mikhail's communication hut or something).

Ranting aside, this season has been a drastic improvement over last season. Going on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is the first season and 1 is last season.. this season is a solid 4.5 so far. If the writers can stay focused on The Others and not poisonous spiders and diamonds, we'll be A-OK.