Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: What next?

[ QUOTE ]

You can flame all you want, but some facts...I have a ton of friends, many of whom I have been close to for two to three decades. Part of the issue is that they all have jobs and families and are also all over the country...I can't see them every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on this one. I was going to make a thread about how cool it is that a good friend came back here (chicago) from oakland for a little while. Yes, as we get older it is almost impossible to have friends like you we did in HS or college. Our friendships might be much more fulfilling but wouldn't qualify for the classic definition of 'fun'.

[ QUOTE ]

THey all ask if I am bored. THe answer is no. I am almost never board, because I can find things I like to do, if nothing else I can just read a book because I like to learn. I am, however, sometimes AIMLESS. That is the key issue I was posting about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must admit, scorpion, that you specifically said 'bored' in your OP. Take that as you will. In hindsight it is easy to see what you were getting at, but clearly you can see where the confusion came from.

[ QUOTE ]
But it is very clear to me that more money will not improve my quality of life. DOing anything just to make money would make me feel like I was wasting my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize what many people even older than you do not.

I'd like to apologize again for the harsh welcome you received. I think you might have some very worthy knowledge to share about life beats, brags, and variance.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: What next?

Scorpion Man,

Put a couple million in an account and use the interest to send a few deserving kids from your town to college who can't afford it. Home is the best place to start if you're going to do charity!