Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 08:35 AM

Default I know they are midstakes but... you guys are smarter?

Delete this if you must but I thought I'd give it a try.

Here are some hands from a recent session at 3-6 and 5-10 I played. I think in many of them I made fundamental mistakes. Let me know what you think and I will comment more deeply.

Thanks,

- The kid who jumped in the Shark Tank

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947835

Standard, I assume?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947838

So I have to bet the river - do I have to fold without reads on villian yet?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947842

I called before I even thought about it. I think a fold is better b/c of KQ or backdoor flush and the speed (fast) that his bet was made in.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947843

Raise river and hope he pays off with a set or call because he probably has a flush. Again, I'm just starting to play these games after playing higher for awhile so I have no reads. I feel like the raise may be way off base here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947845

Anyone like? I am pretty sure villian is 2+2 er spinio. I figure he calls with AK and AA and folds everything else? Is calling with AQ so easy here given a LAG but not super LAG image?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: I know they are midstakes but... you guys are smarter?

hand 1 standard yeah, kinda depends on history though

2 looks like a flush for villain

3 fold, looks like missed c/r and like a hand that wants you to call with a King

4 WTF is up with the turnminraise? Weird action in this hand. Can't say much about it, he will have the flush sometimes, and it probably doesn't matter much whether you raise or not, if villain is unknown.

5 Is it OK outing his screenname? Yeah he will probably fold a lot of aces, but I think you are giving him too good a price.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:20 AM

fold the AK hand.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:11 AM

It's extremely hard to comment on this. I think in many of them you made fundamental mistakes but that's a hand by hand analysis. Offcourse you knew he had the 7 in hand 1 (foldable) the wheel in hand 2, the full (QK) or another one in hand 3, the flush in hand 4, and hand 5 you just misplayed to build the image of a maniac, and you have 6 outs...

The thing is you cannot keep folding and bleed to death, so sometimse you have to take a stand. I cannot see the dynamics of this play and on those hands alone i wouldn't say you misplayed them all.

44 was the worst one.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

5 Is it OK outing his screenname? Yeah he will probably fold a lot of aces, but I think you are giving him too good a price.

[/ QUOTE ]

too late to edit, i obv meant you fold out most hands that do not have an ace
Old 03-29-2007, 11:21 AM

hand 1 villian has jacks full

hand 2 every single draw got there

last hand is pure spewage
Old 03-29-2007, 11:53 AM

That 44 hand is a famous mistake by a beginning player thinking he can make a better hand fold. I can tell you he will call here with: AA, AK, AQ, AX (5s?) and might even call with KK, QQ, JJ, 99 and even more hands (set).... This is played extremely bad and this you should get out of your system because such a way of playing can make you a direct loser in strong games.

AQ is autocalling here. But knowing this can make him very beatable... so only do it when you hit your set and NAIL his AQ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2007, 11:59 AM

Hi revlis,

Hand 1: Perfect--what do you want to do differently? If he has AA or Js full, how are you gonna get away? Looks like a combo draw some of the time, overpair some of the time to me. Js full/trip sevens very rarely.

Hand 2: I think the bet size on the river is kinda bad. Vs. a passive/predictable player, I guess you can fold to the c/r, but against one of those, I'd have bet less. Or, a pot river bet probably gets called by worse as often as your bet, and then there's no doubt you have to call.

Hand 3: I don't know about this one. I pretty much always pay this off, and then feel dumb. Good IMO throughout.

Hand 4: I like it throughout, and I call no problem on the river. He doesn't put you on a flush (or straight) after the turn action, so he would easily bet a set, and some other hands you beat on the river, IMO. This shallow, I think you're making a mistake by not raising.

Hand 5: I hate this one with a passion. I don't think he ever folds AQ here; I think you only get him off air, and pairs under Aces. Thus, why not float, if you're not folding? I think KK etc. shuts down if you call, and if he checks the turn, I make a bet. Even if you min-raised the flop, you wouldn't be committed to calling a push, right?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:48 PM

hand 1 is fine.

hand 2, i agree with cero z

hand 3, meh id prob call the river, but i dont really like it.

hand4 is kinda gross i think. unless you were shoving alot of rivers, i really dont like the turn min raise w/ only a gutshot.

hand5, this one is gross. i agree pretty much with what cero z said
Old 03-29-2007, 04:19 PM

nobody here is smart