Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 01:03 PM

Default [.50/1 Hi] - Full House on 5th

Hey, I had only been at this table for a short time, so I had no read on my villian. Eventually I found out he/she was just there to learn the game, so there is a chance I missed out on some value here. On the other hand, if I re-raised on fifth, villian may have gone into check/call mode regardless. Thanks, guys. I look forward to posting here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?945443

Also, what hand history converter do you guys use? Following links can be annoying, but I'm new to this stuff. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: [.50/1 Hi] - Full House on 5th

If you look at the topmost post in the forum, it will contain info on hand converters.

My philosophy for big hands at low levels is to just start pounding at every chance--at least until I obtain information that convinces me otherwise.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: [.50/1 Hi] - Full House on 5th

Raise 5th or 6th. Yes, villain might go into check-call mode.....but you still earn the same as you did with this lie. At least with raising 5th or 6th you give yourself the chance to earn more.

And I generally raise 5th, reason being that people might think you're trying to get to a cheap/free showdown, and will call 5th then bet 6th, allowing you to pop it again.

And it's .5/1....until proven otherwise, pretend that EVERYONE is just learning the game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]