Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Trip Report Part 2

I didn't have high expectations at first, but this has turned into a REALLY well written trip report. Please don't stop like the famous LV trip report that stopped sometime after 'The Price is Right,' and 'Crazy bitch girlfriend gets drunk.'
Old 03-28-2007, 07:28 PM

Also, tell us now if your mother is going to be having surgery. I'd hate to see another promising trip report end.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 PM

More videos plz but not from the poker room from SR champagne room
Old 03-29-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Trip Report Part 4

I try to nap Saturday afternoon after golf, but again, all I see are cards dancing through my head, so I jack it and that does the trick. 90 minutes good solid sleep, and I’m ready to roll to the DMB show. Alex, Jon, & I chug some tall-boys on the way. The strip is full of hot girls in tank tops and we have a fun walk, with one guy yelling out “hey it’s hay-soos!” when he sees Alex. We get to the arena and have to wait for my brother to come over from X-Cal, so we jump in the nearest bar for some scotch & beers. You gotta love that at the MGM arena, they let you you come in with drinks as long as they’re in plastic cups. Dave (brother) arrives; we re-buy; I pour mine into a plastic cup, and we’re in our seats a little bit after The Fray starts. They’re a good band and a lot of the crowd actually knows their songs.

Time for another re-buy. Dave and the band come out and play the following: Crash, Die Trying, Grey Street, Sweet Caroline, WWYS, Idea of You, Seek Up, DDTW, Dancing Nancies, WAYG, Maker, Bayou, Stolen Away, Down by the River, Tripping Billies. Encore: Gravedigger, new song I don’t know, Halloween. If you’re a Dave fan, you know that’s an awesome setlist. My brother & I always try to guess the songs, and we have all these bets going but neither of us gets one right. Alex knows like six DMB songs total and nails Gravedigger, getting a $20 from me.

Each of us bought a round at the show, so that’s four more drinks down. Alex decides to use the urinal for a deuce drop and we’re outta there.

We make a buzzy bee-line for the MGM poker room, hoping that it will fill up with drunk Dave fans ready to donk the night away. Steve’s there already at the sole 4-8 table, so I get on the list for that and sit down for some drinks at a cozy game of 2-4. Five minutes into it, a smokin’ hot chick sits with a rack sits down to my left. She’s got $100 in chips too.

First two hands, her KK hold up, then she hits a flush on the river. After 10 minutes she’s up about 140 and I’m telling her to warn me if she’s gonna play a hand so I can fold. She replies “oh come on, I’m friendly” with a touch to my arm. She starts showing me her cards when I’m out of the hand, small talk about the Dave show, where we’re from, how long we’re in town (it’s her last night), she tells me I have nice eyes, I return the comp, blah blah blah, and with each blah she’s either touching my arm or my knee. Giggity.

Nate and Jon are wandering around the poker room and come over to watch my table, but really her, and I slip Jon my phone so he can take a front view picture for all you 2p2ers (who wanted a picture two paragraphs ago, I know). Notice those… chips.

I get distracted by poker for a little while, and flop a set, top two pair, and a flush almost consecutively. Then hottie starts racking her chips and I’m all “awww you’re leaving?” and she’s all “yeah my boyfriend’s on his way”. They call my name for 4-8 and I bounce, up $94 after an hour.

My first hand I get red88 in the BB. I raise and get 3 callers. Flop comes as raggedy as can be, with no face cards, and just two clubs to worry about. I lead out with a bet and everyone calls. The turn is a glorious 8s, and I check, next check, bet, fold, I raise, bettor calls and shakes his head like he knows he shouldn’t be in the hand. River is a 2c, I bet, he raises, I call, and he apologizes for playing Qc 6c.

Just like Crasian the night before, this guy would be my nemesis at this table. For a while at least. He’s cleaning up and barely can look at his cards with a wall of chips in front of him. I go about an hour without playing outside my blinds, and when I play those, Nemesis takes them on the flop.

Finally something: KK in late position. I’m re-raising, but someone else caps it at $20 with FIVE callers. Come on cowboys. Flop comes 5c 6h 9h. A loose guy bets out, call, call, I raise, loose re-raises and goes all-in for his last few chips; I just call that re-raise and two others call as well. River’s a 5h. Not exactly a good card for me, but it gets checked around and I bet it to see where I’m standing. Two callers and nemesis folds. Looks good. River looks fantastic: Kh, giving me the 3rd-nuts, a boat. A caller from before now bets out, and I raise, and he re-raises. I pause and for a second get scared that he has either 7h8h, for the absolute nuts, or pocket 55. Those thoughts make me just call, and Steve shakes his head at me for not re-raising. Other guy shows Ah9c, so top pair that became a flush on the river with that beautiful Kh.

Two hands later I’m on the button with AdQd. Nemesis raises; I re-raise; he calls, and everyone else folds. Flop is Q Q X. He checks; I bet; he calls. Turn’s an A. He checks; I bet; he calls. River’s a T. He checks; I bet; he calls and mucks. Thanks for that.

Very next hand, 6c7c that I feel gambly with and call a 4-way cap pre-flop. Flop is 3c 4h Jd. I feel like I have the right odds with a gutshot and backdoor flush draw after a bet-call-call before my turn to act, and I call. Turn is a 3h. Check, check, bet, I try to represent the 3 and raise. Fold, fold, bettor re-raises, I call (yeah stupidly here but the pot was humongous and I was feeling gambly). River is another 4 and no straight for me. He bets and I muck. He shows JTo for just top pair. Oh well, so I drop 60 on that hand after +240 on the previous two.

I win a few small pots, and a while later, an African-American woman sits down, plays every hand she gets, and 80% of the time angrily mucks her hand at the showdown but doesn’t say a word. She will be known as Angry Black Woman (ABW) from this point forward. ABW gets into a heads-up raising war with Nemesis, who gets her to go all-in eventually and shows the nut straight.

ABW re-buys and now I get to play against her in my last hand before heading back. I raise UTG with Ac7c, and she’s the only caller. Flop A 2 T. I bet; she calls. Turn’s a 7. I hesitatingly check; she bets; I raise; she calls and glares at me. River’s a 4. I bet; she calls and mucks. She’s down to less than 10 chips again, and wants to re-buy, but the dealer’s out of chips because she’s been dispensing them so fast. I offer to sell her a rack or two and the dealer approves, but ABW’s having none of that, and mumbles something in my direction. Whatevs. I rack up and cash at $504, +$310 from that table, and we walk back to Bally’s at 4:30 to sleep.

--end of part 4--

Summary: Drinks & Dave show. 2-4 w. flirty hottie = +$94. No, I was not going to pursue that any further. 4-8 w. bigass pots, Nemesis, ABW = +$310.

Disclaimer #1: The next part contains a Spearmint Rhino visit, but don’t get your hopes up. It's standard. No video or even anything remotely as cool as Miami32’s stories. Not even in the ballpark.

Disclaimer #2: The place where I’m working tomorrow has really strict webpage filters, and both “gambling” (2p2) and “personal file hosting” (imageshack) sites are blocked, so no more posts from me until evening.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Trip Report Part 4

very nice bro, i'm looking forward to my trip on the 5th of april, with a couple college buds, keep up the report. hopefully I can get buy in a budget style and win some pots like yourself.

Keep it up, i'm learning a bunch from u so far as I'm going to be doing the same thing as you with a group of 4 staying at the mgm and playing 2/4 or 3/6, but it sounds like there's tons of donks at 4/8, I might sit down there. Who knows my br is limited to 3k so we'll see.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alex decides to use the urinal for a deuce drop and we’re outta there.

[/ QUOTE ]

WWJS?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:26 AM

WTF is Alex doing? And why did you take a picture of it?

Hey Scott, you forgot to tell them about when you called a raise with A-6 of spades and then called a bet on a T-T-2 (one spade) flop, then turned an A and rivered an A (other guy had JJ).

I'm just jealous because I sat at that donk-filled table for about 4 hours and couldn't get anything. The most I was ahead was $70 and I finished +$6.

It was painful. In one hand I mucked A-10 to a preflop raise, 10-seat cold calls, flop comes A-10-7 rainbow, the turn was a 6, and the river was another 10. The 10-seat had 10-7 suited, and the pre-flop raiser had JJ. That was painful to watch, even if my preflop fold was correct.

Then Scott sits down and rakes in $300+.

Here was a picture of Scott's finance (posted without permission, and therefore had to be removed):

Old 03-29-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I might sit down there. Who knows my br is limited to 3k so we'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

3K? Don't even bother with the 2-4 or 3-6. Go straight to the 4-8. My trip bankroll was $2K and I was considering jumping into the 8-16 at Bellagio on my last day (when I was down to $1700 or so) but I decided to stick to 4-8.

Also, don't play live 2-4. The rake makes it pretty much unbeatable. Ask Scott. I refused to play 2-4 for the whole trip.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2-4 w. flirty hottie = +$94. No, I was not going to pursue that any further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great trip report, but dont lie about stuff like this. She dropped the boyfriend coming bit before you could try.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:49 PM

if you notice they charged you gratuity on the bill for EI + your $20 tip, your server was probibly very happy, but un-budget baller for you....