Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 10:15 PM

Default When to Cash Out?

This question has been bugging me for a couple years.

When should you cash out from a no limit cash ring game if you are winning?

Ok, I know, your winning so your at a good table you should stay because you can beat the table, and your playing well. But luck still has a part in the game, and a few bad beats in all-in situations can ruin what you have made for x amount of hours. Am I thinking about this wrong? Because say you go all-in with pocket aces 5 times in a row, who cares if you win the first 4 times, the 5th time will always knock you out. I know this is prob an easy answer of "Stay at the table as long as possible because you have +EV at the table", but I am woundering if there are any other responces?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: When to Cash Out?

When all their money is yours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 10:34 PM

If I had AA and they had KK i'd get it in so fast 100000000000 out of 100000000000. If you are the better player as t->oo, their cash->your pocket. HTH!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
 is offline

Depends on how compfortable you are playing deep stack. I really like having a big stack at the table. It kind of gives me a confidence boost, and my winning comes more from getting a big hand and winning a big stack. On the other hand, you sometimes get some terrible beats vs other big stacks that can set me on tilt. I would suggest you play the way you are most comfortable with. I don`t think I`m a very good deepstack player, however it helps my game so I do it.

Also, if there are other solid players with deep stacks at the table it`s probably better to leave.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 PM

Oh also don't go crazy w/ TPTK deepstacked, try and use more subtle hands to release people from thier stacks like small straights and big flushes!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:14 AM

I always play as long as I'm focused. Or that's at least the ideal I'm striving for.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But luck still has a part in the game, and a few bad beats in all-in situations can ruin what you have made for x amount of hours. Am I thinking about this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! I can't stand tournaments because that's what you get there. Sit for many hours just have your luck run out and get beaten by a worse hand. OF COURSE BEATS HAPPEN! You can't avoid it. It's poker. But with a deep stack you have the possibility to win more money than with a 100bb stack. And.... if you're a winning player, it's more likely for you to win than lose.

And.... if you're playing scared money, that's the same as losing focus -> get out! Play as long as you're feeling focused!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:43 AM

Remember jrp -- if you're online there's a good chance that some of the people you're crushing are at other tables. If that big stack makes you nervous, find your fishy opponents on other tables and go there. Put your winnings away and work on the same players at other tables....
Old 03-29-2007, 10:49 AM

Do what you feel comfortable with. If you find yourself spewing if you reach like 200bb, you should probably change that or just cash out.

I enjoy playing with a deeper stack. It means I can go deeper preflop with hands like low suited connectors.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:59 AM

There is something like "positive tilt". When you win a few hands, be it luck or cashing in sklansky bucks, you can become careless. That is dangerous. And leave when you become scared money, because you think "it would really suck to lose it all back now". Put the biggest fishes on your buddy list and leave. Then check if they are at another table.