Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 10:18 AM

Default Abusing the blinds

Hello all! My name is Shawn. I started playing online poker about 2 years ago. Started playing micro limit holdem and have now worked my way up to $3/6. I have been very succsesfull at that level for a long time. One of the reasons is my ability to abuse the blinds. If Im first into the pot from the button, I raise with all the hands you normally would, plus any two suited cards, any two connected cards and Q7 off or better. This makes it hard for the players to my left to put me on a hand. If they fold pre flop I will show the hand if I think they would have raised with it. Don't show if it was trash. If called and the flop comes high, then I lead out to represent high cards regardeless of what I have and continue to be aggressive if I hit and can drop it easily if raised. It get's really fun when you raise pre flop with 45 off and get reraised. I call the one bet here. Then if the flop comes low you are in great shape. If it comes out high then it's an easy one to drop. Experiment with this loose aggressive style for while and see how it works for you.

Shawn
Old 02-20-2006, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Abusing the blinds

I pretty much think it's never a good idea to show your hand if you don't have to.

- C -
Old 02-20-2006, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Abusing the blinds

I don't see an advantage to showing your premium hands since you won't show a lot of others with this method and everyone on the table gets a pretty accurate idea of how often you bluff for free. Stealing pots and blinds is key to a player's success but you have to watch out for when the table starts trying to set you up. That's what I do to LAGs who keep me from playing the kind of game I want to play.

Also, having your first thread include a link just screams "I'm a Spammer!"