Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which wil eventuallyl be the tougher 25/50 game?
Stars 112 61.88%
Ultimate Bet 69 38.12%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Quick preflop question.

26-1.... lol

guess its not auto-raise.

but its 2 to win 2.5 with 2 live cards!!

what are raising ranges then? i figure it must be at least 80% of hands raiseworthy?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:42 AM

I don't think "2 live cards" are really what you're looking for here. After all, you might be against AT and your T is not live at all ...

What are you doing when you get 3-bet and the flop comes Q74? Will you fold to the 3-bettors c-bets with AK on the flop? On the turn? Or will you call down to see villains KQ?

It's 2SB to win 2.5, right, but how often will everyone just fold here? Remember, 2 players already posted a big blind and CO can call your raise with a very wide range (and will, if he knows what he's doing).

On what flops that completely miss you can you c-bet when called by one opponent (by two)? On what flops where you hit a pair can you confidently c-bet?

I might raise here with any pp, 2 cards >=T, most A's, K9s, and a lot of suited connectors, maybe even J9s. But if I know that the blinds won't respect me I tighten up. If I know that CO is a decent player I tighten up considerably.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:25 PM

Posters should make you tighten up some since the chance of picking up the blinds figures to drop significantly. If the money were dead and the poster had to call 2 bets cold then you should be more inclined to raise. The only time this changes is when the poster has already checked his option. You can be more liberal with raising because you will have position and he has a worse then random hand. Posters should have a small tightening effect but it wouldn't be far from perfect if you just assumed that no one posted. It is just wrong to start raising with [censored] but that is what a lot of people do so you can get some good re-stealing opportunities when people post and LAG's come in raising.

It is kinda obvious that you shouldn't raise T4o but the dynamic of posters prob confuses a lot of people. But you never know as I was in maybe the best 30 game ever a few days ago where raised T4o could have easily shown a profit.